Combine Gray Tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine Gray Tanks?

Has anyone connected the 2 gray tanks and how did you do that in a 22 RBE?

(Moved here by Moderator Howard)
    Last edited by howson; 10-10-2020, 07:04 PM.
    Dan and Debbie Charna
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

I’m not familiar with the plumbing on the 22 RBE. We have two gray tanks on our 303 RLS. It is plumbed so that both drain through the same pipe, as does the black tank. I put a Valtera gate valve on the end of the drain pipe (several reasons, there are several threads on those topics). With it closed, I can open both gray tank valves, and the level balances between the two. I never open the black, except when the grays are closed up tight.

I don’t know if your 22 RBE has a similar plumbing set-up, but if so, you might try this method. Don’t just pull the valves with only the end cap on, or when you take it off you’ll have a pipe full of liquid. The Valtera valve holds it back so that you can remove the cap safely.
    Last edited by Tom in PGH; 10-11-2020, 08:40 PM.
    Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Tom in PGH View Post
      I’m not familiar with the plumbing on the 22 RBE. We have two gray tanks on our 303 RLS. It is plumbed so that both drain through the same pipe, as does the black tank. I put a Valera gate valve on the end of the drain pipe (several reasons, there are several threads on those topics). With it closed, I can open both gray tank valves, and the level balances between the two. I never open the black, except when the grays are closed up tight.

I don’t know if your 22 RBE has a similar plumbing set-up, but if so, you might try this method. Don’t just pull the valves with only the end cap on, or when you take it off you’ll have a pipe full of liquid. The Valera valve holds it back so that you can remove the cap safely.
      hey Tom, I’m open to learning something new. Why doesn’t the OEM valve (when closed of course) hold any tank contents back so that you can remove the cap safely? Tks.

Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

hey Tom, I’m open to learning something new. Why doesn’t the OEM valve (when closed of course) hold any tank contents back so that you can remove the cap safely? Tks.
        Even a very small leak past the OEM gate valve will fill the pipe to the cap as you travel. There have been several discussions on this forum about the wisdom of adding a twist on gate valve at the cap location to avoid an unpleasant surprise when removing the cap.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Even a very small leak past the OEM gate valve will fill the pipe to the cap as you travel. There have been several discussions on this forum about the wisdom of adding a twist on gate valve at the cap location to avoid an unpleasant surprise when removing the cap.

Rob
          Gotcha Rob. If I’m understanding this correctly, in the event that the twist on gate valve experiences the same fault as the OEM did, it seems that you are right back where you started, so I guess it becomes a double safety, which of course, there is nothing wrong with that.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Gotcha Rob. If I’m understanding this correctly, in the event that the twist on gate valve experiences the same fault as the OEM did, it seems that you are right back where you started, so I guess it becomes a double safety, which of course, there is nothing wrong with that.
            If the twist on gate valve were to leak, it would only fill the volume between this gate and the cap . . . a few ounces at best. Nothing like the volume coming at you if the entire drain pipe system is full when you remove the cap.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

If the twist on gate valve were to leak, it would only fill the volume between this gate and the cap . . . a few ounces at best. Nothing like the volume coming at you if the entire drain pipe system is full when you remove the cap.

Rob
              👍🏻👍🏻 Makes sense.

Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Actually, I’m not saying that it won’t, although, as Rob said, sometimes that is the case. You just don’t want to use the “tank leveling trick” and open the valves if the only other thing you have on the pipe is the end cap. That’s where you’re guaranteed to have an issue.
                Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
                X