Gray tank does not drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray tank does not drain

I have a 2021 Imagine 2250RK. There are 2 gray tanks. The one that services the kitchen drains fine. The one that services the shower does not empty. I can see water in the shower drain. We are currently in Green River, Utah and unable to use the shower or sink in the bathroom. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Jkommuck View Post
    I have a 2021 Imagine 2250RK. There are 2 gray tanks. The one that services the kitchen drains fine. The one that services the shower does not empty. I can see water in the shower drain. We are currently in Green River, Utah and unable to use the shower or sink in the bathroom. Any suggestions?
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

What happens when you pull the second grey valve handle for the tank that will not drain? Does it move? not move? Move more easily than the other grey valve?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There is a "p-trap" just below the shower drain , this holds water so there is no odors from the holding tank rising through the drain. Could this be the water you are seeing?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Also, what do your sensors show? Not always a reliable display, but sometimes they can be helpful. If they show “MT”, run a little water through the shower and see if it backs up into the shower pan. If so, the tank is probably full. If not, then the water is going into the tank, as it should.

Since this is a 2021, is this your first trip out with it? Has it worked in the past? Was checking the gate valve operation part of your PDI? Did they work then?

Any additional info from your situation could be helpful for us to better understand what is going on and to provide you with more things to look at.
        Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
        Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
        2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
        Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
        Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

UPDATE. Thank you for your responses. I was able to drain the shower gray tank by leaving the black tank open(after it had drained). It appears that the black and gray are somehow connected for the shower to drain. The other gray line(from the kitchen) drains by itself.

Comment

UPDATE. Thank you for your responses. I was able to drain the shower gray tank by leaving the black tank open(after it had drained). It appears that the black and gray are somehow connected for the shower to drain. The other gray line(from the kitchen) drains by itself.
            That doesn't make sense to me.

Below is a snippet that I think GD will allow (if not I'll find out!) showing how your tanks are set up. You should be able to individually drain the gray and black in the front independent of each other. They share a common DRAIN outlet, but the handles that open the valve to drain each tank is independent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	2389
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	31848
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

For what you have described to have worked, the Gray tank drain line (after the valve) would have to be connected upstream of the black tank gate valve. Gray line would come in between the black valve and black tank. So there is no way you can dump that gray tank without dumping your black tank and leaving the valve open. I don't believe that is correct.

Question - Could they have connected the pull handles backwards? The one labeled gray goes to the black valve and the one labeled black goes to the gray valve?

Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
              X