fresh water pressure reducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh water pressure reducer

I searched fresh water pressuire reducer and found nothing. Do I need to install a pressuire reducer on the fresh water supply?

Ed,

I use one at the source. Piece of mind for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
      I searched fresh water pressuire reducer and found nothing. Do I need to install a pressuire reducer on the fresh water supply?
      Search for water pressure regulator. It is highly recommended you have and use a pressure regulator. You never know what the pressure in a park may be. If the pressure is to high it could blow out some of your interior plumbing. They have simple single setting inline pressure regulators or an adjustable pressure regulator like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Search for water pressure regulator. It is highly recommended you have and use a pressure regulator. You never know what the pressure in a park may be. If the pressure is to high it could blow out some of your interior plumbing. They have simple single setting inline pressure regulators or an adjustable pressure regulator like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Thats the one I have in the shop Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post

Thats the one I have in the shop Thanks
          I and several others I know use the same one mentioned by Ed.

Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Because of my construction background and having been around sites with lead contamination and other things we've learned are bad for us I opted for a lead-free unit even though it was a bit more money.
            The Twinkle unit referenced advertises being less than 13% lead content in their write up, the Valterra unit I chose advertises being completely lead-free - and I'd have preferred a certified lead free unit if I could have found one.
            Our 2 year old granddaughter lives with us so any possible source of lead in the water she comes in contact with wasn't acceptable for us and even though the actual risk of her absorbing any lead is probably pretty low, I just didn't want to take the risk.
            I would encourage anyone looking at any fixtures or fittings for their water supply to search out certified lead-free products whenever possible!
            Chris
            2019 Solitude 3740BH
            2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

TheNescios , I never considered that before. I have the cheapo pressure regulator from walmart. (One of the Camco's). Looking it up, it is certified as low-lead, but not lead free.

Anyone have any experience with this brand?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CHP9BJT/

I'm not really interested in the gauge, and since it's marketed as Lead Free, and high flow (18GPM) that seemed ideal.

Mike
              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

I haven't but am going to do some research - like that it's made in America and the design would be easier to put a piece of pipe insulation on it during cold weather - thank you for sharing the information!
                Could install a gauge where the hose connects in the pass-through if I start to overthink things.....
                Chris
                2019 Solitude 3740BH
                2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Many of us use the Renator regulator. It is listed on Amazon and on the Renator site as "lead free" with less than.13% (point 13 %.) The NSF lead free requirement is .25% Here is the link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0.../dp/B01N7JZTYX

Dan

Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                    Many of us use the Renator regulator. It is listed on Amazon and on the Renator site as "lead free" with less than.13% (point 13 %.) The NSF lead free requirement is .25% Here is the link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0.../dp/B01N7JZTYX

Dan
                    Dan - do you happen to know the flow rate of this unit. Tried researching, but have not found it.
                    Thanks
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Dan - do you happen to know the flow rate of this unit. Tried researching, but have not found it.
                      Thanks
                      Keith - great question and I do not know. If you go to the Amazon link that I shared and page down there is a post from Curtis stating his test results of the Renator and a couple from Watts along with other details. Possibly Rob Cate&Rob , Jim TucsonJim , Howard howson , or Brian Country Campers have tested or have knowledge of this.

From Curtis' post noted above: "The Renator had a flow rate of 6.51 gpm. In an RV the flow is critical.

Dan
                      Dan & Carol
                      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I do not have any experience with the Renator pressure regulator. I do use the cheapo camco solid brass one that I got from wally world 15 years ago and still use. I believe they are 40 or 45 pounds and have not had any issue or any flow restrictions from its use.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

On the topic of water pressure within the RV . . . the regulator and gauge on the inlet hose is NOT the measure of the maximum pressure that your RV water system will experience. I have long been a proponent of installing a pressure gauge within the RV to see exactly what is going on with water pressure. This gauge will show you things like the cut-in and cut-out pressures for your on-board water pump and with a little bit of investigation you can figure out whether low flow at a faucet is the faucet restrictor or a problem with the campground supply. This gauge will also monitor the pressure rise due to water heating. If you follow the relatively common procedure of hooking up your water system at a new campsite and then turning on the water heater without cracking open a faucet as the water heats up, that pressure gauge will show you that system pressure (contained by the check valve on the inlet hose fitting) will climb past 70 psi. Higher, if you have not remembered to reestablish the air cushion at the top of the water heater tank.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                            Higher, if you have not remembered to reestablish the air cushion at the top of the water heater tank.
                            Since this is the first time I've heard this term, I went off to google to define it:

When you start with cold water in the tank, the water expands as it is heated. The purpose of the air pocket (Air Cushion) is to help absorb that expansion. Water does not compress so if there is no air pocket the expansion will cause the pressure to skyrocket and that will cause the relief valve to bleed. The tank is designed to have the air pocket. Sometimes after long use, the air is slowly dissolved in the water and the pocket is lost. It is then necessary to partially drain the tank to restore the air.

Mike
                            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
                            X