Water Pump Suction Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Suction Line

The suction side of my water pump line is partially collapsed that comes from my P1 panel. Using the correct settings on the P1 panel for suction fill of the fresh water tank works but is pretty slow just to put in 5 gallons. Looked behind the P1 panel and found that the water line to the pump was partially collapsed. The line is the soft reinforced vinyl. Should I change to PEX?

Originally posted by nlsutler View Post
    The suction side of my water pump line is partially collapsed that comes from my P1 panel. Using the correct settings on the P1 panel for suction fill of the fresh water tank works but is pretty slow just to put in 5 gallons. Looked behind the P1 panel and found that the water line to the pump was partially collapsed. The line is the soft reinforced vinyl. Should I change to PEX?
    I think most everyone here would say that there is no downside to replacing any soft hose you find with PEX.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by nlsutler View Post
      The only down side that you may get from the pex is vibration from the pump through the solid pex will likely increase the volume of the pump when it runs. Pump manufacturers recommend the flexible tubing that you have there to help with making the pump quieter because it doesn't transmit the vibration as well.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
      X