Momentum 397TH Main Shower Drain Plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 397TH Main Shower Drain Plumbing

Hello, I have a 2019 Momentum 397TH and I have some grey water plumbing leaks I am working on identifying, locating and fixing. The attached photo show the view looking down the main shower drain and it appears the drain pipe below the tub has separated from the shower drain. The visible black ring looks like a washer, it has no depth to it. The white paper I believe is the edge of the drain pipe. Has anyone seen and/or worked on this issue? It appears to me that it needs to be fixed, can it be repaired from the top without having to go under the RV? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated, thanks

PJG63

The part that is broken or disconnected is under the drain in the picture. You are going to have to gain access to the under side (usually not too difficult) to understand what is going on and to complete the repair.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. I'm a little concerned with trying to gain access from underneath as it seems the shower is right above the black tank. Can I gain access without having to remove the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by PJG63 View Post
        Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. I'm a little concerned with trying to gain access from underneath as it seems the shower is right above the black tank. Can I gain access without having to remove the tank?
        Please use the QUOTE feature when responding to a post (like I just did) so the original author gets a notification (like you just did). Another way is to "tag" the individual by using a @ followed by their username, like this: Cate&Rob

-Howard

(Rob--see uestion in post above.)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by PJG63 View Post
          From the 397 floor plan, it looks like the main shower is on the upper level of the 5th wheel. If you remove the rear wall of the pass through storage area, you should be able to access the shower drain. The black tank would be below the floor of the pass through storage space. (I admit that I am “guessing” at this from usual 5th wheel layouts as I have no direct experience with a 397 Momentum.)

Perhaps another Momentum owner will chime in here . . . .

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There should be some way of accessing the underside of the shower drain. I'm pretty sure it was assembled after the tanks were installed. Anyway, do an internet search for something like "youtube travel trailer shower drain repair". Most likely the compression nut was not tight enough to keep the drain pipe connected to the drain.
            2012 Toyota Tundra / 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Comment

When you do the repair, be sure to check the inside drain assembly that it has been sealed, Plumbers putty or mastic.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

From the 397 floor plan, it looks like the main shower is on the upper level of the 5th wheel. If you remove the rear wall of the pass through storage area, you should be able to access the shower drain. The black tank would be below the floor of the pass through storage space. (I admit that I am “guessing” at this from usual 5th wheel layouts as I have no direct experience with a 397 Momentum.)

Perhaps another Momentum owner will chime in here . . . .

Rob
                You nailed it Rob. I removed the wall and was able to access the shower plumbing. I'll post an update for all with some photos. It is repaired but I did get an additional piece of advice I wish I hadn't followed, made the job a bit more complicated, was told I needed to loosen the drain from the tub, which I did not need to do. Access to underneath the drain was very difficult to get it tight again. Other wise I believe this problem is solved, now on to find the next leak. Thank you!

Comment

Wanted to post an update to this thread and thank everyone for their comments/advice. The shower drain is fixed, I was able to access the drain by removing the wall in the storage compartment/pass-through that goes under the bathroom. Had to replace about a foot of the plumbing between the drain and the Hepo Waste Valve. It is a little unnerving in that combined with all the plumbing running through that area, there is also electrical outlets, the surge protection system and other electrical that is exposed to any leaks you may have but I guess it is unavoidable, everything appears to be working. I'm going to leave the panel off for a few days, I am concerned I have other leaks, want to make sure I get them all addressed before I replace the insulation underneath.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X