2020 Transcend Xplor 247BH water heater drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Transcend Xplor 247BH water heater drain

Getting ready to winterize my trailer for the first winter and in the instructions it mentions finding the drain plug for the water heater. I found the low point drains for both the hot and cold lines and have drained and emptied both gray tanks and the black tank opened up all the Fossetts to drain as much water as I could. I cannot find a water heater drain plug anywhere. I found the water pump under the dining room table booth and the hose to put into the gallon antifreeze container. I understand how the bypass works in the water heater. Just worried that I can’t find a plug to drain the water heater. Any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by Thecrivs View Post
    Getting ready to winterize my trailer for the first winter and in the instructions it mentions finding the drain plug for the water heater. I found the low point drains for both the hot and cold lines and have drained and emptied both gray tanks and the black tank opened up all the Fossetts to drain as much water as I could. I cannot find a water heater drain plug anywhere. I found the water pump under the dining room table booth and the hose to put into the gallon antifreeze container. I understand how the bypass works in the water heater. Just worried that I can’t find a plug to drain the water heater. Any help would be appreciated
    Not sure if you have an Atwood or Suburban, but both have the plug located inside the access cover on the outside of the rig. Should be to the bottom left corner on both I believe. It looks like a large bolt, I think it’s 7/8” for Atwood and Suburban is 1-1/16”. I’d recommend a socket and short extension.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Have you found it yet? If not, your water heater is located on the "curb" (or "camp") side of your camper, near the back. Open the panel and you'll see the heater and the plug Neil referenced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	247BH.JPG
Views:	1287
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	33017
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

OK sorry for the late replies had some stuff going on at home and had to put this on the back burner. Yes I found the drain plug and I pulled the drain plug out and no water came out. I had opened both low point drains to drain out all the lines and drained the fresh water both gray tanks and the black tank. Do the valves need to be in bypass or regular mode or does it matter.

Comment

OK sorry for the late replies had some stuff going on at home and had to put this on the back burner. Yes I found the drain plug and I pulled the drain plug out and no water came out. I had opened both low point drains to drain out all the lines and drained the fresh water both gray tanks and the black tank. Do the valves need to be in bypass or regular mode or does it matter.
          Opening a faucet will help to allow air into the system to replace the water. You also can lift the silver lever on the high pressure release on the upper part of the water heater.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I did open the Fossett and I cracked the relief valve lever. Is it possible that I didn’t even realize I was doing it but that I ran the sinks on the hot water side with the hot water heater off but that it pulled all the water out of it and then just drained it out of the holding tanks

Comment

It is possible with the low point drains and the faucets open that the water heater did drain. I believe that inside your model behind the water heater you will find the by-pass valves to by-pass the water heater if you plan on using the RV antifreeze.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It’s embarrassing to admit it but I think that’s probably what happened is I ran the hot water tab with the hot water heater off but with the low point drains open and I think it just pulled all the water out of the hot water heater and drained it. And yes I did find the bypass valves in a compartment underneath the bunkbeds behind the water heater and I will be using that to add the antifreeze. Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                X