Sewage system layout for 311BHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewage system layout for 311BHS

I have asked this question in the past but didn’t get a full understanding of the grey and black tanks. If someone knows that actual capacity of each tank please share that as well. Thanks!

Inside Panel Associated Tank Physical Lever
    BLK1 Master Toilet Labeled Black in Front
    AUX (BLK2) Second bath sink, toilet, & outside sink Rear near 2nd dump
    GREY 1 Kitchen Sink Black color handle in Front
    GREY 2 Main Bath sink and shower Grey color handle in Front

I ask all this because sometimes it would be nice to know what is getting full and what is full if I want to do a partial grey dump. A detailed schematic would be great!

Originally posted by av8er79 View Post
    I have asked this question in the past but didn’t get a full understanding of the grey and black tanks. If someone knows that actual capacity of each tank please share that as well. Thanks!

Inside Panel Associated Tank Physical Lever
    BLK1 Master Toilet Labeled Black in Front
    AUX (BLK2) Second bath sink, toilet, & outside sink Rear near 2nd dump
    GREY 1 Kitchen Sink Black color handle in Front
    GREY 2 Main Bath sink and shower Grey color handle in Front

I ask all this because sometimes it would be nice to know what is getting full and what is full if I want to do a partial grey dump. A detailed schematic would be great!
    Bood morning av8er79. Welcome to the technical forum.

You have five tanks in the 311BHS.

Some of the tanks run parallel to the frame and some of them are perpendicular.

The measurements I'm providing are to the leading edge of the tanks from the front of the RV.

29" - Black tank 1 - 47 gallons - Captures the sewage from the front bathroom. (Parallel to Frame - Curb side)
    29" - Grey 2 - 47 gallons - Front bathroom sink and shower (Parallel to Frame - Street side)
    102-3/4" - Grey 1 - 40 gallons - Kitchen Sink - (Perpendicular to Frame)
    187-1/2" - Fresh Tank - 54 gallons - (Perpendicular to Frame)
    250-1/2" - Black 2 - 40 gallons - Rear toilet, rear sink, exterior sink - (Perpendicular to Frame).

Although I have the drawings, I'm not a Grand Design employee, so I'm not authorized to share copies. However, I believe you can contact GDRV at 574-825-9679 and request a copy of the DWV Plan and the Holding Tank Plan.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

I have a 2022 311BHS and the Grey 1 is now. definitely the front shower/sink. Grey 2 is kitchen sink. We take a couple of showers the the Grey 1 goes from empty to 2/3 full.

Comment

Originally posted by epw1924gd View Post
          I have a 2022 311BHS and the Grey 1 is now. definitely the front shower/sink. Grey 2 is kitchen sink. We take a couple of showers the the Grey 1 goes from empty to 2/3 full.
          As for the drawings, the shower/sink are gray 2, and the kitchen is gray 1. But your panel meters will reflect how they were wired. The assembler can attach the wires to either panel meter. I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring is a 50/50 mix between front and back gray tanks.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X