Black Tank Handle Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Handle Pin

Can anyone help me with the part number or size of the pin that holds the handle on the black tank dump valve? Ours broke the last time out and I would like to get it fixed before we go out again this month.

Thanks in advance...

- Jon
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    2011 Ford F250 King Ranch

Originally posted by dagnabit9 View Post
    Can anyone help me with the part number or size of the pin that holds the handle on the black tank dump valve? Ours broke the last time out and I would like to get it fixed before we go out again this month.

Thanks in advance...

- Jon
    Hi Jon,

Over the years, there have been a number of different pull cables and handles used. Also, a couple of different suppliers.
    If you can post a picture of the problem, or at least the details of your rig, we might be able to help you.
    If the hole where the pin was, is worn enough for the pin to fall out, you might be better off with a small bolt and nut.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yeah, after I posted this, I thought I probably should've posted a pic of what I was talking about. I'll get some today and post them.
      2017 Reflection 29RS
      2011 Ford F250 King Ranch

Comment

I have had 2 out of 3 break. If you have the barrel pin type take the handle to the hardware store and get a machine screw and nylon threaded locking nut. I bought slightly larger and drilled out the handle and rod. Buty extras for as many pull handles as your trailer has.
        2017 Reflection 337
        2016 Chevrolet Duramax CC, SWB

Comment

I just replaced mine yesterday and here is what I used:

All Thread from Home Depot #8 x32
          Drawer Pull knob - Model # P67659C-SN-C

I cut approximately 1 inch of the all thread, used thread locker and attached the Drawer pull knob first, and applied thread locker to other end and threaded into the pull cable.

I plan to replace the two in the front compartment with the same knob, primarily due to the space savings, and the fact everything tends to get caught on those T handles.
          Brady & Steph
          2019 Momentum 351m FBP
          2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
          *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
          *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Working...
          X