Rear Gray Tank Valve Stuck Open 380FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Gray Tank Valve Stuck Open 380FL

I am full time and in Florida. I have a 2019 Solitude 380FL and the rear gray tank valve is stuck open (better than stuck closed). The handle moves in and out but the valve at the tank will not close. I had my wife run water while I was outside by the hose outlet to verify whether it was open or closed. How do you get to the tank? Open the basement panels by the valve handles or by removing the panel underneath?

Originally posted by Hackers 380-FL View Post
    I am full time and in Florida. I have a 2019 Solitude 380FL and the rear gray tank valve is stuck open (better than stuck closed). The handle moves in and out but the valve at the tank will not close. I had my wife run water while I was outside by the hose outlet to verify whether it was open or closed. How do you get to the tank? Open the basement panels by the valve handles or by removing the panel underneath?
    If the cable is moving but the valve isn't I suspect the end of the cable has become disconnected from the valve. If the valve is a Bristol, it could simply be a matter of the set screw not being tight.

To gain access I believe the coroplast ("panel underneath") will likely need to come down.

It may not be 100% applicable, but when my 315's valve gave me fits it was documented in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...valves-315rlts

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Hackers 380-FL View Post
      Looking at the tank layout drawing that I have the grey tank you are referencing is on the off door side. The location of the valve looks like it should be about right behind the stabilizing jack behind the rear wheel on that side , street or drivers side. You will have to drop the coroplast on that side to look in to the area to see the valve and see what is happening. I am not sure if you can access the valve just by dropping the side of the coroplast or you may have to drop more of it to get better access. It just may be that the cable has come undone from the valve. If you are able to see the valve and reach the cable have the wife pull the handle to see what may be broken.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Howson and Country Campers... Thanks. Yes, the cable is moving as I can feel it moving when pulling the handle. Just what I thought, pulling the colorplast down from underneath and it should be just above the rear axle and the rear most stabilizing jack. It is raining hard down here today, so possibly tomorrow or the next day to shimmy under the RV. I didn't want to take the panel down where the 4 pull handles are located. That would have been a real PIA.

Comment

Working...
        X