Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

2021 22mle - any way to shutoff water to faucet in basement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 22mle - any way to shutoff water to faucet in basement?

Hi, first time owner here. Due to the “COVID effect”, we took delivery of our trailer very late in the year and after our shakedown trip in October, were planning a November trip to Texas, so instead of full winterization, I drained all the tanks and left the heat on to prevent freezing. Or so I thought. I missed draining the faucet in the basement, so it froze and cracked right behind the bulkhead.

My question is this: is there any way to shutoff water to this faucet from inside the coach? It seems to me that without that ability, I could never take this camping in below freezing weather as that area is not heated.

Thanks !
    Bob

There is no shut off valve inside for this faucet. If you look behind the panel where the water lines connect you could add a valve to the cold and hot water sides. If the water line is PEX , hard tubing , then you could get 2 Pex valves to put in those lines. If the lines are the soft hose you would need 2 valves with 1/2" hose barb ends. Both of these would be available at you local hardware store.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.17 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
    2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

According to the print package for the 22MLE, there appears to be a heat register right above that area that supplies heat to the bedroom. We're you running the furnace when the line froze? I'm wondering if there is enough radiant heat with the furnace running to prevent this type of issue?

Jim
      The moderators for this site are not GDRV employees, but we do own GDRV products.

Jim and Ginnie
      2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        According to the print package for the 22MLE, there appears to be a heat register right above that area that supplies heat to the bedroom. We're you running the furnace when the line froze? I'm wondering if there is enough radiant heat with the furnace running to prevent this type of issue?

Jim
        yes, I was running the furnace at 58 degrees and it was not sufficient to prevent this problem.

I also went back through the owners manual in the winterization section and it never mentioned this faucet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ramahler View Post

I also went back through the owners manual in the winterization section and it never mentioned this faucet.....
          Do you need any help repairing the damage, or do you have it covered?

BTW, I was going to notify GDRV of the omission, so I checked the last two version of the manual (10/19, and 7/20). Both of them include instructions on winterizing the outside spray port. It's on page 101 of the latest version, and page 99 of the previous version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22MLE Winterization.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	35520

The moderators for this site are not GDRV employees, but we do own GDRV products.

Jim and Ginnie
          2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

The back of the water panel going below freezing with the furnace operating, seems a little unusual. There are a number of other water lines at risk if this is happening. I would be looking for the source of cold air that is causing this to happen.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package
            Aylmer, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X