Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 22mle - any way to shutoff water to faucet in basement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 22mle - any way to shutoff water to faucet in basement?

Hi, first time owner here. Due to the “COVID effect”, we took delivery of our trailer very late in the year and after our shakedown trip in October, were planning a November trip to Texas, so instead of full winterization, I drained all the tanks and left the heat on to prevent freezing. Or so I thought. I missed draining the faucet in the basement, so it froze and cracked right behind the bulkhead.

My question is this: is there any way to shutoff water to this faucet from inside the coach? It seems to me that without that ability, I could never take this camping in below freezing weather as that area is not heated.

Thanks !
    Bob
    Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
    2020 22MLE
    2018 Tundra

There is no shut off valve inside for this faucet. If you look behind the panel where the water lines connect you could add a valve to the cold and hot water sides. If the water line is PEX , hard tubing , then you could get 2 Pex valves to put in those lines. If the lines are the soft hose you would need 2 valves with 1/2" hose barb ends. Both of these would be available at you local hardware store.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

According to the print package for the 22MLE, there appears to be a heat register right above that area that supplies heat to the bedroom. We're you running the furnace when the line froze? I'm wondering if there is enough radiant heat with the furnace running to prevent this type of issue?

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        According to the print package for the 22MLE, there appears to be a heat register right above that area that supplies heat to the bedroom. We're you running the furnace when the line froze? I'm wondering if there is enough radiant heat with the furnace running to prevent this type of issue?

Jim
        yes, I was running the furnace at 58 degrees and it was not sufficient to prevent this problem.

I also went back through the owners manual in the winterization section and it never mentioned this faucet.....
        Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
        2020 22MLE
        2018 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Ramahler View Post

I also went back through the owners manual in the winterization section and it never mentioned this faucet.....
          Do you need any help repairing the damage, or do you have it covered?

BTW, I was going to notify GDRV of the omission, so I checked the last two version of the manual (10/19, and 7/20). Both of them include instructions on winterizing the outside spray port. It's on page 101 of the latest version, and page 99 of the previous version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22MLE Winterization.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	35520

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The back of the water panel going below freezing with the furnace operating, seems a little unusual. There are a number of other water lines at risk if this is happening. I would be looking for the source of cold air that is causing this to happen.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              The back of the water panel going below freezing with the furnace operating, seems a little unusual. There are a number of other water lines at risk if this is happening. I would be looking for the source of cold air that is causing this to happen.

Rob
              It appears that it may be coming in from a gap where the slide closes. I was concerned that the slide was not closing completely however the dealer supposedly checked it when it was in for other service and they said it was fine.

Does this look “fine” to you ?

thanks!

bob
              Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
              2020 22MLE
              2018 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Do you need any help repairing the damage, or do you have it covered?

if you have any ideas on how to repair it, I’d appreciate it ! I can’t figure out how to get the panel off to get behind it. It appears to be glued in.

thanks !

bob

Bob, Audra, Max and Buzz
                2020 22MLE
                2018 Tundra

Comment

It appears that it may be coming in from a gap where the slide closes. I was concerned that the slide was not closing completely however the dealer supposedly checked it when it was in for other service and they said it was fine.

Does this look “fine” to you ?

thanks!

bob
                  I have a 2021 2970RL with the kitchen schwintek slide on the street side. That is EXACTLY what mine looks like and I haven't had any problems. The slide can't close any further with the way the seal works. The part where the gap is the greatest is the skirting.

My answer would be, it is the way it was built. There is nothing to be fixed.
                  Mike & Lisa
                  Central Florida
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL
                  1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

if you have any ideas on how to repair it, I’d appreciate it ! I can’t figure out how to get the panel off to get behind it. It appears to be glued in.

thanks !

bob

Did you ever figure out how to remove the bulkhead? I winterized mine, but apparently didn't do it right as it leaked this past weekend - first time out this year. Would like to get it fixed up for the next camping trip.

Thanks,
                    Curt
                    Curt & Vicky

2021 22MLE - bone stock
                    2012 F-350 Super Duty

Comment

Originally posted by custmfxwg View Post

Did you ever figure out how to remove the bulkhead? I winterized mine, but apparently didn't do it right as it leaked this past weekend - first time out this year. Would like to get it fixed up for the next camping trip.

Thanks,
                      Curt
                      You can remove the long back panel in the forward storage. That will allow you to then remove the side panel on the left side of the bulkhead. Don't be shocked at what you then may see.

Good luck.
                      Robert and Chris
                      2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                      2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

custmfxwg Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For both you and the OP, Capt Bob is on point. You have to access the panel from behind by removing the bulkhead wall. You will have to look close for the screws as they are black S2 imbedded in black carpeting.
                        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Bob View Post

You can remove the long back panel in the forward storage. That will allow you to then remove the side panel on the left side of the bulkhead. Don't be shocked at what you then may see.

Good luck.
                          Thanks. Yeah, I took the metal strip off and the side panel. Sure doesn't provide a lot of room to get at anything. Did you end up repairing yours or did you take it somewhere? I don't mind repairing, I'm just not sure I can get to the leak.
                          Curt & Vicky

2021 22MLE - bone stock
                          2012 F-350 Super Duty

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                            custmfxwg Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For both you and the OP, Capt Bob is on point. You have to access the panel from behind by removing the bulkhead wall. You will have to look close for the screws as they are black S2 imbedded in black carpeting.
                            Thanks. Slowly working through the profile settings. Can't seem to see the signature piece yet. I don't have any carpeting in the storage compartment or behind the bulkhead. The only screws were in the black panel and the wood trip on the side panel. I'll check again tomorrow when I can see better.
                            Curt & Vicky

2021 22MLE - bone stock
                            2012 F-350 Super Duty

Comment

So on closer examination, it appears the panel to the left of the bed, that holds the outlet and the USB ports, once removed will allow complete access to the backside of the water docking station bulkhead. Looks like a couple of trim pieces held on with staples, and maybe some glue, are all that's keeping it covered. I'll attempt to get in there this weekend and hopefully not break the trim or the panel in the process.
                              Curt & Vicky

2021 22MLE - bone stock
                              2012 F-350 Super Duty

Comment

Working...
                              X