Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is gray water in bathroom going into black water tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is gray water in bathroom going into black water tank?

A question came up in a discussion with an older Airstream. His bathroom sink and shower dumps into the black water tank. We own a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. How do we determine which tank gray water is going to? I know we have 2 gray water tanks, but I'm only assuming sink and shower dump into the #1 tank. Are there diagrams of plumbing available?
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
    A question came up in a discussion with an older Airstream. His bathroom sink and shower dumps into the black water tank. We own a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. How do we determine which tank gray water is going to? I know we have 2 gray water tanks, but I'm only assuming sink and shower dump into the #1 tank. Are there diagrams of plumbing available?
    You've come to the right place. I have that information

You have two gray tanks and one black tank.

The front gray tank is 37 gallons and captures the kitchen sink. The leading edge of the tank is 78" from the front cap.
    The rear gray tank is 45 gallons and drains the shower, and bathroom sink. The leading edge of this tank is 234-5/8" from the front cap.
    The black tank is also 45 gallons and is dedicated to the toilet. The rear edge of this tank is 302-1/2" from the front cap.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you for the information. The neighbor with that older Airstream swears all TT are plumbed like his. His explanation for the second gray tank is so we can use more water in the kitchen. I'll pass this along to him. One of the reasons we purchased this rig is so we can boondock and the two grays extend the time we can get away from the world of Covid, politics and the noise in general.

Thanks again.
      2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
      2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
      Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
      FMCA # 489460

Comment

Thank you for the information. The neighbor with that older Airstream swears all TT are plumbed like his. His explanation for the second gray tank is so we can use more water in the kitchen. I'll pass this along to him. One of the reasons we purchased this rig is so we can boondock and the two grays extend the time we can get away from the world of Covid, politics and the noise in general.

Thanks again.
        From what I remember with my dads older Airstream it had 2 tanks. One freshwater and one large combined black/gray, Its just how they did it back then. Thor indisturies also did it in their 70's Wilderness smaller TT. I had one as my first trailer - just 17' with 2 kids They were toddlers then and bunked in the dinette. The front sofa folded out as a bed and It actually had a 4 burner stove with a large oven the worked. One gray/black tank that I had to constantly empty every few days.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

.... His explanation for the second gray tank is so we can use more water in the kitchen. .....
          Depending on how your particular model is plumbed, he isn't wrong. The Imagine 2800BH have a single valve that dumps BOTH gray tanks. This is because right before the gate valve, they join together. Theoretically, since they are connected, they will equalize to similar levels. (If you fill the front tank to 2/3's full, and the back tank to 0, after some amount of time (hours/days) they should both be about 1/3 full)

I don't know how the 2600RD is plumbed, but it's something to be aware of.

Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
          X