Bidet Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidet Install

Moderator note: this post was originally in the 2021 GD TranscendRB toilet clog thread, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...rb-toilet-clog The bidet discussion is worthy of it's own thread so moved the post it here. -Howard

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
    Fred B My best improvement so far was to put a bidet seat on the RV toilet. It kills two birds with one stone, puts more water in the bowl and I use less paper. I switched the toilets at home a few years ago when my back went out and love it.
    What an intriguing idea. Not trying to hijack the thread but can you give more information about the conversion? Product you used, installation difficulty, pros and cons, etc. I admit to not knowing anything about bidet conversion products. The last time I saw a bidet toilet was in Tokyo hotels long ago and they were very fancy.
    Last edited by howson; 11-22-2020, 09:31 AM.
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
    2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

wygieman Sure. Available all over Amazon are conversion kits. They are usually under $100. They install under the seat and you run water to them. I usually get the ones that take both hot water and cold water, but you need to run both to them obviously. The ones with just cold tie into the water supply for the toilet, you need to find the hot, but in the RV in particular it’s usually nearby. Not as fancy as a dedicated toilet, but gets the job done and super handy. Obviously if you are boondocking you are going to use more water, but it’s dwarfed by our shower usage so I do not worry about it too much.

Like I said in the other thread, it sends more water to the black, Andy we use less paper. Both great things in the RV. I was skeptical at first but after having them I feel like using only paper is something out of the Flinstones.

I went back into my Amazon cart, I think this is the one I put in the RV.

Luxe Bidet Neo 320 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Hot and Cold Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (white and white) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG3NVG2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

wygieman Sure. Available all over Amazon are conversion kits. They are usually under $100. They install under the seat and you run water to them. I usually get the ones that take both hot water and cold water, but you need to run both to them obviously. The ones with just cold tie into the water supply for the toilet, you need to find the hot, but in the RV in particular it’s usually nearby. Not as fancy as a dedicated toilet, but gets the job done and super handy. Obviously if you are boondocking you are going to use more water, but it’s dwarfed by our shower usage so I do not worry about it too much.

Like I said in the other thread, it sends more water to the black, Andy we use less paper. Both great things in the RV. I was skeptical at first but after having them I feel like using only paper is something out of the Flinstones.

I went back into my Amazon cart, I think this is the one I put in the RV.

Luxe Bidet Neo 320 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Hot and Cold Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (white and white) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG3NVG2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
      Thanks. You are right that there are tons of the conversion units on Amazon. Who knew. I ordered a cold water only version of the same brand and will try it out at home before I figure out the best way to tie into the pex plumbing on the rv.

2018 Reflection 303rls
      MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
      Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
      2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

wygieman No problem. I went with hot even at home because it was easy to tie into the sink and I live in northern Illinois and the water gets pretty cold in the winter lol. I did one at my moms in Florida and we just did cold because their cold water never really gets cold.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

ncitro -- in your RV is it the hot/cold version? If yes, can you post pics on how you got the hot water to the toilet area?

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            ncitro -- in your RV is it the hot/cold version? If yes, can you post pics on how you got the hot water to the toilet area?
            Yeah I put hot/cold in the RV as well. No photos, but since I have a fifth wheel it was pretty straightforward. The toilet sits over the fake wall in the pass through storage. There was hot water running through there from the water heater to the bathroom sink. I cut the PEX line and put a tee in and ran it up the same hole the water line to the toilet goes up.

Neil Citro

Comment

Yeah I put hot/cold in the RV as well. No photos, but since I have a fifth wheel it was pretty straightforward. The toilet sits over the fake wall in the pass through storage. There was hot water running through there from the water heater to the bathroom sink. I cut the PEX line and put a tee in and ran it up the same hole the water line to the toilet goes up.
              OK--that makes sense. Getting hot water to the potty in my trailer won't be that easy. Especially with the black tank literally right under the floor blocking access.

I know there's 120vAC power lines in the wall behind the toilet...hmmm...wonder if a small on-demand water heater could be mounted on the wall.

Comment

OK--that makes sense. Getting hot water to the potty in my trailer won't be that easy. Especially with the black tank literally right under the floor blocking access.

I know there's 120vAC power lines in the wall behind the toilet...hmmm...wonder if a small on-demand water heater could be mounted on the wall.
                Yeah it was definitely easy cause of the fifth wheel aspect. Well worth it though if you camp anywhere where it’s cooler. Not to be gross but the warm water makes for a much more pleasant experience.

Neil Citro

Comment

Just ordered this model- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered this shut off valve so I can shut the water off if there is a leak to the bidet (or I remove it later): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From what I've read, this style of bidet that mounts under the seat will have to be trimmed in order to fit with the Thetford toilet that Grand Design uses.
                  Brian & Kellie
                  2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                  2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                  2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                  2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
                    From what I've read, this style of bidet that mounts under the seat will have to be trimmed in order to fit with the Thetford toilet that Grand Design uses.
                    Very interested in any lessons learned, Brian, so please post a report when you're done with the install. No pics of the component in use though, OK?

Comment

No pics of the component in use though, OK?
                      I second this request...

Never even knew these kind of adaptations were out there. You just don't know what you don't know.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
                        Just ordered this model- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered this shut off valve so I can shut the water off if there is a leak to the bidet (or I remove it later): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I opted to replace my seat with a residential one at the same time so maybe that had something to do with it, but I did not need to trim mine at all.

I second it on be shut off valves. Regardless of the bidet install.

Neil Citro

Comment

From what I've been able to gather, the Thetford toilets (at least my model 42070) have a bulge at the rear that interferes with some toilet seat attachment bidet installs. Here is a view of the rear of the Thetford toilet. The area with the red line is what interferes with the bidet bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet.jpeg
Views:	876
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	35623

You have to trim the plastic bracket that is used to mount the bidet to the toilet seat bolts. It's a hack but this wouldn't be the first time I've done a hack job on something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 1.45.10 PM.png
Views:	1010
Size:	547.1 KB
ID:	35622

Brian & Kellie
                          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

bertschb That makes sense, and I have that hump. Mine must have cleared it. I went back in my cart and checked, the one I linked above is in my house, this one (no longer available) is what I installed in the rig.

Superior Bidet attachments, the leader in washlets | Easy to install, hot and cold, self cleaning white non electric adjustable dual nozzle Supreme toilet bidet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016NTYQMY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Neil Citro

Comment

Just a heads up in case anyone drifts towards this product:

https://www.amazon.com/KOHLER-BN330-...s%2C175&sr=8-2

We got one of them for a home toilet - they cost over $400 here in Canada. Both I (large) and my wife (petit) hated it. Not only was the spray REALLY weak, and the delay to get warm water frustrating, but like some others of these add-on products it added a steep ramp to the back of the seat so sitting back on it was uncomfortable. I have a $400+ decoration in the garage now.
                              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X