2021Solitude 310GK bathroom faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021Solitude 310GK bathroom faucet

Does anyone else have an issue with the waterfall type faucet spitting water at you? If so what have you done to correct this problem? I figure I’ll replace the faucet, unless there’s a fix for this. Not sure if Grand Design would replace it with a different type since it’s not defective.

Originally posted by Twieckjr View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue with the waterfall type faucet spitting water at you?
    Yep! Solved the problem by replacing it with this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Welcome to the forum BTW!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It might be worth calling GDRV customer service to discuss it with them. Their number is 574-825-9679. In the mean time, I'll be monitoring this thread to see if your concern has been encountered by others. If so, I'll work with GDRV to see if they would consider a change to future builds. If others aren't experiencing it, then you probably have a defective faucet which would fall under warranty.

Jim

P.S. We've put together a welcome letter for new members to make negotiating the forum a little easier. If you have any questions, let any of the moderators know.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim-

The problem with the waterfall style faucet is it "points" directly at the user rather than down into the sink. When air gets in the plumbing (which happens every time you move), you will get sprayed with water if you stand in front of the faucet after reconnecting to your water source and opening the faucet. You will either get sprayed with water or you need to cover the faucet with your hand and wait until all the air is purged from the lines.

The other issue we had with the waterfall design is calcium builds up on it and it's unsightly.

In the end, my shorts got nailed one too many times by the OEM faucet so it had to go!
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Yes! We like the look, but it will have to be replaced.
          2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
          2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Yes, on both complaints of spitting and calcium build up. Also we don’t like waterfall anyway. We’re replacing it with a Costco faucet that discharges at about 30-45 degree down angle. Fittings are different, but I found adapter fittings at Ace hardware. Saving that job for after Thanksgiving.

BERTSCHB, we’re the fittings on you Amazon faucet a direct fit, or did you have find adapter fittings to make the water line connections.
            Doug & Barb
            2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
            2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
            No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
            Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
              BERTSCHB, we’re the fittings on you Amazon faucet a direct fit, or did you have find adapter fittings to make the water line connections.
              I had to get an adapter at Home Depot. Sorry, but I don't recall what it was called.
              Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

I've notified GDRV of the issue.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I haven't heard of this issue, but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there that have the same complaint. I'll pass this feedback to production and update here if I hear anything back. Thanks!

Comment

I replaced my Bathroom Faucet (late 2021 S-Class 2930RL) with one from Home Depot .... https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Gen...60BL/304930079

Not cheap, but it matches the original one in finish and function except for the explosive water shower part (when air is in the lines).

Nothing wrong with the original one (it looks nice and works fine) except for the spitting water shower effect when air is in the lines. 1st world problems
                    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
                    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
                    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
                      I haven't heard of this issue, but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there that have the same complaint. I'll pass this feedback to production and update here if I hear anything back. Thanks!
                      GDRV-Megan - I'd recommend having a Grand Design employee connect water to a Solitude that has this faucet then stand at the bathroom sink and open the faucet to purge the air from the lines as you would if you arrived at a campground. That person will learn real fast what the problem with this faucet is!

Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
                        Jim-

The problem with the waterfall style faucet is it "points" directly at the user rather than down into the sink. When air gets in the plumbing (which happens every time you move), you will get sprayed with water if you stand in front of the faucet after reconnecting to your water source and opening the faucet. You will either get sprayed with water or you need to cover the faucet with your hand and wait until all the air is purged from the lines.

The other issue we had with the waterfall design is calcium builds up on it and it's unsightly.

In the end, my shorts got nailed one too many times by the OEM faucet so it had to go!
                        At least he told Kellie it was the faucet...

We, too, replaced our bathroom faucet for the same reasons. As Brian said, it's the waterfall design - nothing can be done about it.

Rob
                        Rob & Laura
                        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Twieckjr
                          Welcome to the forum and the family!
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Second Chance bertschb openrangeowners We are doing this today, and of course, started the job before realizing the difference in the supply line to the new faucet! The waterfall faucet has a 1/2 inch male fitting and the supply line is 1/2 inch female fitting, both with coarse threads. We purchased a Delta bath faucet that has a 3/8 inch female fitting with fine threads. So, have to purchase a male 3/8" fine to 1/2" coarse adaptor. (Husband is running around now trying to find one in local stores!) Hopefully he will find one today so our water can be turned back on!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Faucet.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	39501
                            Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
                            2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
                            2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
                            Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Breezes View Post
                              Second Chance bertschb openrangeowners We are doing this today, and of course, started the job before realizing the difference in the supply line to the new faucet! The waterfall faucet has a 1/2 inch male fitting and the supply line is 1/2 inch female fitting, both with coarse threads. We purchased a Delta bath faucet that has a 3/8 inch female fitting with fine threads. So, have to purchase a male 3/8" fine to 1/2" coarse adaptor. (Husband is running around now trying to find one in local stores!) Hopefully he will find one today so our water can be turned back on!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Faucet.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	39501
                              Yes - found mine at the local Home Depot.

Rob
                              Rob & Laura
                              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X