Ace Hardware had fitting: 3/8” OD x 1/2” MIP
    ​ ​​​​​​​
    Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
    2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
    2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
    Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Hi,

During our purchase orientation, the individual was standing in front of the bathroom faucet and proudly showed me how the waterfall faucet worked. She was drenched by the air bubble-water shower and was not quite so proud.

I think I will also change this faucet.

Charles
      2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
        Hi,

During our purchase orientation, the individual was standing in front of the bathroom faucet and proudly showed me how the waterfall faucet worked. She was drenched by the air bubble-water shower and was not quite so proud.

I think I will also change this faucet.

Charles
        GDRV-Megan -- Crespo's post made me laugh. Seriously, though, please pass on to the Solitude team that this faucet is not the best choice for an RV.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Getting air in the water lines after connecting seems to be an issue no matter what. When bleeding the air out, I lay a washcloth over the faucet (as a shield) and stand aside. Getting wet problem solved. I really like the looks and the function of the waterfall faucet and don't want to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey View Post
            Getting air in the water lines after connecting seems to be an issue no matter what. When bleeding the air out, I lay a washcloth over the faucet (as a shield) and stand aside. Getting wet problem solved. I really like the looks and the function of the waterfall faucet and don't want to change it.
            Have you used it long enough for the calcium deposits to start building up in the water trough? Not pretty.

Rob

Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey View Post
              Noted that was your first post so wanted to say "Hi" and mention there is a Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members that will hopefully help you navigate the forum.

Regarding the faucet--having a choice (to keep or change) is a good thing and neither is "right" or "wrong". Glad you figured out a work-around and like the faucet.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ours has never spit at me but when we first got it the flow was like ZERO. I opened them up and took out the little flow restrictor o-ring and now we have great water flow. This is on 382WB so bath is in the back. Otherwise they work ok. I'm not really a fan of the style, just like the old sinks that sat on top of the counter - glad they're gone. It's a style thing, to each your own.
                Roy & Kim
                Rusty & Django - Aussie wiggle-butts
                2020 GD Solitude 382WB (01/20 build) - the Palace
                2020 F350 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4 Dually - the Silver Queen

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Breezes View Post
                  Second Chance bertschb openrangeowners We are doing this today, and of course, started the job before realizing the difference in the supply line to the new faucet! The waterfall faucet has a 1/2 inch male fitting and the supply line is 1/2 inch female fitting, both with coarse threads. We purchased a Delta bath faucet that has a 3/8 inch female fitting with fine threads. So, have to purchase a male 3/8" fine to 1/2" coarse adaptor. (Husband is running around now trying to find one in local stores!) Hopefully he will find one today so our water can be turned back on!
                  The specs on this shows it is 9 3/4" tall. There is 11 1/4" between the counter top and the bottom of the medicine cabinet on my 310GK. Is there "enough" room to operate the handle or would it be easier if it was an inch lower? I have a picture of this faucet on my phone from when we went window shopping at Lowes, so I was considering it for our bathroom.
                  Last edited by pengle; 01-08-2021, 04:33 AM.
                  Pat and Karen
                  2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Originally posted by pengle View Post

The specs on this shows it is 9 3/4" tall. There is 11 1/4" between the counter top and the bottom of the medicine cabinet on my 310GK. Is there "enough" room to operate the handle or would it be easier if it was an inch lower? I have a picture of this faucet on my phone from when we went window shopping at Lowes, so I was considering it for our bathroom.
                    We're not at "home" right now (about four hours away helping my 90-year-old mother-in-law), so I can't do measurements and visualizing in the bathroom. We replaced the waterfall faucet with the one below and there are absolutely no clearance issues:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
                    Rob & Laura
                    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

We're not at "home" right now (about four hours away helping my 90-year-old mother-in-law), so I can't do measurements and visualizing in the bathroom. We replaced the waterfall faucet with the one below and there are absolutely no clearance issues:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
                      That Peerless Xander faucet is only 5 1/4" high, so the clearance would be MUCH better than the 9 1/4" tall Delta Sandover. Thanks.
                      Pat and Karen
                      2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

we also have same problem. Took back to dealer to address and they said it is a design flaw. Grand Design says if they can find something that will work they will cover it.

Comment

We also have two of these in our new Solitude. When I connect to the campground faucet, I turn on the hose and run the air out of the hose and inline filter with water. Shut off faucet, then connect to trailer. Turn water back on. Minimizes air pressure in the lines. Has worked well so far. Vinegar soaked paper towel wrapped around that calcium stuff will remove it.
                          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

DarnDave

Well, that makes sense ! I have been wondering where the excessive amount of air was coming from. I always purge air from hose and filter before connecting . . . it never occurred to me that this would not be standard procedure for all. If you use auto shut off quick connect fittings on the hose and filter, you don’t even need to shut off the water before connecting the hose to the trailer.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

we have the same problem. in the process of having a dealer replace fixure at grand designs exspence

Comment

Originally posted by rdhouston View Post
                                Ours has never spit at me but when we first got it the flow was like ZERO. I opened them up and took out the little flow restrictor o-ring and now we have great water flow. This is on 382WB so bath is in the back. Otherwise they work ok. I'm not really a fan of the style, just like the old sinks that sat on top of the counter - glad they're gone. It's a style thing, to each your own.
                                This is my problem but what o-ring on the waterfall faucet? Mine spit and then basically stopped flowing. I have taken apart the top but you can’t get inside the waterfall part. It barely trickles any water. Good pressure is confirmed in the water line up to the faucet. It seems totally blocked but?? It is the first use of this faucet. Anybody?

2022 3540GK-R

Comment

Working...
                                X