Reflection 29RS Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 29RS Winterization

Ok it's getting colder now.. need to winterize. We live up North and plan on going South in January. Is it reasonable to just Blow the water lines out instead of filing with RV Antifreeze? Or just get it overwith..
    Then go through Sanitze when we get someplace warmer?
    Thanks in advance

I would use the antifreeze, solves all potential problems. If there is a little water left it may accumulate in a low point while traveling and become a problem.

Brian

PS. Do not forget the spray port on the rear of the unit and the nautilus panel (I know this now).
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

X2 on the RV antifreeze. Its the only solution to ensure there is no water in the lines to freeze up.

I typically use 4 gallons after draining the low point drains and also emptying and bypassing the hot water tank.

Comment

When I rebuilt my plumbing system, I blew out the lines before disassembly. I was amazed at how much water was still in the system. Particularly in the pump and adjacent lines (which blowing out the city feed system does not reach). Antifreeze is what the factory and the dealers use . . . it is the only completely safe way to winterize. Some get away with just blowing out the lines because Pex tubing and the soft hose will tolerate freezing. Other components may not.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Has anybody had an issue with the rear spray port on 29rs ?? Cannot connect hose.

Comment

Working...
          X