Washing Machine Water Valve Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Machine Water Valve Question

Good afternoon. This morning, we were preparing to winterize our 315RLTS and discovered the Hot Water Valve for the Washing Machine is positioned 180 degrees from where it should be oriented. We attempted to remove the panel that mounts the water valves but it will not come off due to the drain. So the question is how do we reposition the valve? We are concerned that if we force the valve into correct position we will end up breaking something.
    Attached Files
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer

Hi Don,

I think you're correct that you could end up breaking something or twisting the water line. I'm going to tag Howard to your thread. He also has a 315, and he can guide you on how to get access to this line so you can observe it before trying to rotate it.

howson

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Don N View Post
        Good afternoon. This morning, we were preparing to winterize our 315RLTS and discovered the Hot Water Valve for the Washing Machine is positioned 180 degrees from where it should be oriented. We attempted to remove the panel that mounts the water valves but it will not come off due to the drain. So the question is how do we reposition the valve? We are concerned that if we force the valve into correct position we will end up breaking something.
        Hi Don,
        I'll look thru my pics in the morning and respond...

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard.

The current position of the HW Shut Off Valve will make it difficult to properly winterize or connect a future washer.

Comment

Thanks Howard.

The current position of the HW Shut Off Valve will make it difficult to properly winterize or connect a future washer.
            Post 84, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0631#post20631 has a good description of how I disassembled this area during my replacement project. The text below I copied from that post may be enough of a description. If you want to see pictures of how it is now go to the other thread.

I also worked in the washer area (inside the front closet) today. This was much harder than I anticipated.

Unfortunately no "before" pictures, but it you can imagine a typical washer connection panel it was impossible to remove the one installed in my camper. Apparently GD glued the top piece of the drain line after they installed the panel, locking the panel in place. I had to cut the panel out. (I didn't mess with the drain pipe!)

In addition, the original soft blue and red hose lines were secured (tightly!) with a zip tie about halfway up the wall. What a chore that was to cut that tie. My arms are so tore up my wife exclaimed, "you look like a junkie with needle marks!".

Running the new pex was simple--plenty of room in the wall. I added connectors to the valve to allow easy future replacement. I also mounted pex clamps inside the wall, thus the reason for the screws and washers on the outside. (Fender washers are huge, but I had them and they were the right diameter for the 1/4" bolts...so I used them.)

I also mounted a 2x2 piece of wood in the plastic panel. I'll use that wood to secure the clamps I've installed just below the valves. (The wood is covered with white duct tape.) This 2x2 will keep the valves out and higher which will make them much easier for the DW to manipulate.

How it looks reassembled starts in post 87. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0683#post20683

It's not fun working in that area--there is limited space. But it is worth the time and effort. It is much easier for me or the DW to turn the valves on and off now as we had the same issue as you are dealing with now.

Let me know if you have any questions.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thanks Howard. Makes me wonder how this this system was checked before it was shipped. I will contact GD Monday and ask for their assistance. I'm sure they will tell us to take it to the dealership. Has anyone got photos or diagram of the back side of the Nautilis P1 system? There, I may be able to locate and cut the HW line, twist it in position and reconnect with a Shark Bite Union.

Comment

Thanks Howard. Makes me wonder how this this system was checked before it was shipped. I will contact GD Monday and ask for their assistance. I'm sure they will tell us to take it to the dealership. Has anyone got photos or diagram of the back side of the Nautilis P1 system? There, I may be able to locate and cut the HW line, twist it in position and reconnect with a Shark Bite Union.
                Read through that thread previously linked--there's a TON of information about the Nautilus (and how I modified mine) along with how it is configured in our 315RLTS. It's a long thread, but brew a pot of coffee and take a few minutes to read through it. I think you'll learn a lot about your trailer.

For the concept on how the Nautilus panel works, see the Nautilus P1 Panel Information thread in the Plumbing > Reference Material channel: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...el-information

Comment

Hi,

Are there shut-off valves for the washer line anywhere else? I have visions of something in the closet snagging the tap and turning it on. I'd just as soon not even have water in those lines if possible.

Tom & Linda
                  Coach: 2021 Solitude 378MBS
                  Tow Vehicle: TBD
                  Georgetown ON Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_378MBS View Post
                    Hi,

Are there shut-off valves for the washer line anywhere else? I have visions of something in the closet snagging the tap and turning it on. I'd just as soon not even have water in those lines if possible.
                    Just buy a couple Garden hose Caps and screw on to each one. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210405_191750630.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	49154
                    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Working...
                    X