Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Water Capacity--2020 Imagine XLS 20BHE

Hello,

I have a 2020 Imagine XLS 20BHE. The documentation says it has a 43 gallon fresh water tank however I can never get more than 29 gallons in the tank before water comes out of the overflow. I'm wondering if maybe it actually has a 30 gallon fresh tank or there is an issue with the placement of the overflow line. When water starts coming out the overflow it also siphons out about 8-10 gallons before it stops. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks

Originally posted by vwjeff View Post
    Hello,

I have a 2020 Imagine XLS 20BHE. The documentation says it has a 43 gallon fresh water tank however I can never get more than 29 gallons in the tank before water comes out of the overflow. I'm wondering if maybe it actually has a 30 gallon fresh tank or there is an issue with the placement of the overflow line. When water starts coming out the overflow it also siphons out about 8-10 gallons before it stops. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks
    Noted this was your first post, vwjeff, so when you get a chance please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Your 20BHE has a 37 gallon fresh water tank. The other six gallons (to equal the 43 in the specs) is held in the water heater.

Your experience with the amount actually held and the siphon is quite common. TucsonJim has a very informative thread on the topic here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...flow-revisited
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

vwjeff Welcome to the family and the forum I have exactly zero competent content to address your question, but there will be some highly intelligent Imagine owners along that will be able to help you.

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We have the same issue of the siphoning when the fresh water tank starts to overflow when filling. (2019 Reflection 297rsts). The only thing we are doing is watching the fill process carefully and as soon as the overflow begins shut off the water supply. We still get a little siphon, but not much now.

Comment

Originally posted by LesalouG View Post
          We have the same issue of the siphoning when the fresh water tank starts to overflow when filling. (2019 Reflection 297rsts). The only thing we are doing is watching the fill process carefully and as soon as the overflow begins shut off the water supply. We still get a little siphon, but not much now.
          This is a good thread to read on the topic of siphoning: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...flow-revisited
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X