Water Pump priming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump priming

Can anyone tell me where the water pump is in the Reflection 150 Series 273 MK? We think we need to re-prime it . The gauges say we have a 1/3 of a tank in fresh water. My pump runs but nothing comes out. Thanks in Advance
    2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE

Hi Toots. The drawing package I have for the 273MK is incomplete, so I can't be certain about your water pump location. But most reflection fifth wheels have the water bump behind the rear wall in the basement storage area.

However, with that said, the water pumps are self priming. The gauges for all RV's are notoriously inaccurate. If there is any residual moisture on the sensors, they will frequently read more than what is actually in the tank.

I'd add more water to the tank to verify that it's not too low for the pump to pick up water. BTW, there may be a little bit of water at the bottom of the tank that is lower than the pick up. If you're desperately needing water, you can sometimes put a bucket under the tank drain and get a couple of gallons to hold you over until you can refill.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim We are going to try adding more water tomorrow in the daylight. I know it sounds like it’s close by when you’re in the bathroom, We didn’t want to just start pulling things apart to look for it😊

Comment

Toots313 , I know I'm a couple of days late. But when I was winterizing my rig, I noticed that it wouldn't prime depending on the facet position. I think (can't remember) that if I had the faucet open, it wouldn't prime.
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
          Toots313 , I know I'm a couple of days late. But when I was winterizing my rig, I noticed that it wouldn't prime depending on the facet position. I think (can't remember) that if I had the faucet open, it wouldn't prime.
          Toots313
          You have to have a faucet open to allow the pump to prime. The pump has to be able to push the air out in order to draw the water in.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We found out the problem, us! Lol 😂. We are new to the “Nautilus Control Panel” and didn’t realize we didn’t have the handles in the right order/ direction. Now if only fixing all the leaks in the Thetford toilet was so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Toots313 View Post
              We found out the problem, us! Lol 😂. We are new to the “Nautilus Control Panel” and didn’t realize we didn’t have the handles in the right order/ direction. Now if only fixing all the leaks in the Thetford toilet was so easy.
              There actually is a very easy solution to Thetford issues: replace the toilet with a Dometic 320. It offers a large handful of benefits/improvements (including infrequent problems with seals and much easier replacement of the seal) and it's most often a plug-and-play 20-minute task to install it. It's a pretty popular upgrade.

Check the dimensions of your Thetford installation and compare them to the requirements for the Dometic.

https://www.dometic.com/en-ca/ca/pro...ic-320-_-25297

https://www.dometic.com/assets/87/98...6504_78798.pdf

The dimension that sometimes gives trouble is from the wall behind the toilet to the center of the floor flange. The Thetford IIRC requires 10" while the Dometic requires 11". However the Dometic can almost always be installed; I recall only a single report in which someone could not install it and that was in the small rear bathroom of a toy hauler.

There, all your problems are solved!

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Now if only fixing all the leaks in the Thetford toilet was so easy.
                Fixing a Thetford toilet leak is usually pretty easy. If you can better define what is leaking (a picture would be great), we can probably walk you through how to solve the problem. It would be best to start a new thread with this new question.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It’s apparently leaking in 3 different places, my husband had me order a Dometic 310 he’s going to install it tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

It’s apparently leaking in 3 different places, my husband had me order a Dometic 310 he’s going to install it tomorrow. Thanks
                    Please post any "lessons learned" during the process. Removing the porcelain throne is one of the few parts and pieces in an RV I haven't done.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It is quite possible that one or more of the leaks has to do with the water line coming to the toilet (not uncommon). Changing out the toilet will not solve this and may create a leak that was not there before. If the water line to the toilet is flexible soft hose, check the connection between this hose and the Pex plumbing under the floor, behind the aft wall of the pass through storage area to make sure that you didn't create a leak here while installing the new toilet.

You might want to take this opportunity to install an all Pex supply line and a shut off valve. This will allow you to shut off water to the toilet in the future if you need to, without having to shut down the whole RV water supply. This valve is also handy for adjusting flush water volume. I turn this down when we are conserving black tank capacity and back to full if we are on a FHU site.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2775.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	40254
                      Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We replaced the toilet with the dometic 310 all was well until recently. The the ball valve on the 310 is not working properly and water is now leaking somewhere around the foot pedal,so we’re not sure what’s going on. Can the foot pedal assembly have gone bad? Can it be rebuilt?

Comment

We replaced the toilet with the dometic 310 all was well until recently. The the ball valve on the 310 is not working properly and water is now leaking somewhere around the foot pedal,so we’re not sure what’s going on. Can the foot pedal assembly have gone bad? Can it be rebuilt?
                          Unless there's a bad hose connection, water leaking outside of a toilet means the vacuum breaker is bad. Water leaking into the toilet means the water valve is bad. (The latter was a recent failure.)
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

A quick internet search on “Dometic 310 Parts” shows that all parts are available . . . once you figure out what is leaking. The “ball valve not working properly” might indicate a lubrication problem that is then holding the water valve from closing (just a guess).

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Unless there's a bad hose connection, water leaking outside of a toilet means the vacuum breaker is bad. Water leaking into the toilet means the water valve is bad. (The latter was a recent failure.)
                              Sorry I wasn’t more specific. The foot pedal is not allowing us to add water to the bowl without flushing plus we have water leaking from somewhere coming down the back of the toilet near the fittings

Comment

Working...
                              X