Water hot then cold during shower on pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water hot then cold during shower on pump

Today during my shower, on the pump...50 degrees this am, shower decides it wants to pump scolding hot then freezing cold alternating the entire shower!! Holy frijoles! That sucked. I guess it has been happening since new, today was the first morning it dipped so cold to notice that I needed to use full hot. Never had this problem with my beloved heartland. Just add it to the list!

Check your outside spray port connection. There is a hot/cold , just like a sink , controls. If these are open this will cause your symptoms. I am not sure but you may also have a hot water heater bypass for winterization that may be set to the incorrect position as well.

Brian.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Roger that I will check this AM!! (My first question...if the outdoor shower were open, wouldn’t they be running water?) but hot water bypass I think is under kitchen sink. New to this one! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Carnerdm View Post
        Roger that I will check this AM!! (My first question...if the outdoor shower were open, wouldn’t they be running water?) but hot water bypass I think is under kitchen sink. New to this one! Thanks
        This video should help you understand:

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

[QUOTE=Country Campers;n3978]Check your outside spray port connection. There is a hot/cold , just like a sink , controls. If these are open this will cause your symptoms. I am not sure but you may also have a hot water heater bypass for winterization that may be set to the incorrect position as well.

Brian.[/QUOTE

Brian, Howard,

Great tip on the outside faucet being open on both hot and cold. The other possibility that you mentioned was the hot water heater bypass being set incorrectly. This same issue can happen with all three valves open on the hot water tank where for in-use, the bypass should be closed. I've seen this happen more than once.

Jim

Comment

[QUOTE=MidwestCamper;n4107]
            Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Check your outside spray port connection. There is a hot/cold , just like a sink , controls. If these are open this will cause your symptoms. I am not sure but you may also have a hot water heater bypass for winterization that may be set to the incorrect position as well.

Brian.[/QUOTE

Brian, Howard,

Great tip on the outside faucet being open on both hot and cold. The other possibility that you mentioned was the hot water heater bypass being set incorrectly. This same issue can happen with all three valves open on the hot water tank where for in-use, the bypass should be closed. I've seen this happen more than once.

Jim
            Since plumbing is my absolute favorite subject (sarcasm alert!) you'd think I'd know this...is there a hot water bypass on my 315RLTS? The only valve I'm familiar with is the red one on the Nautilus panel. I know there are units without the Nautilus (Imagine line?) so what and where is this "bypass valve" that is being referenced?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard. You have the Nautilus P1 panel on your 315. The red valve is indeed the water heater bypass valve. When the red valve is "up", water will flow to the water heater tank. When the valve is "sideways", water will bypass the tank and flow directly to the fixtures.
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                Howard. You have the Nautilus P1 panel on your 315. The red valve is indeed the water heater bypass valve. When the red valve is "up", water will flow to the water heater tank. When the valve is "sideways", water will bypass the tank and flow directly to the fixtures.
                So what do they have on units that don't have the Nautilus?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

So what do they have on units that don't have the Nautilus?
                  There would be access to the back of the water heater. Installed in the plumbing connections are 3 valves. One turns off the input of cold water, one turns off the output of hot water, the 3rd valve connects the cold input to the hot output. So when you winterize this type of system you close the cold water input, close the hot water output and open the cross over valve. Drain the hot water tank and with the valves in this position you can run antifreeze thru the lines and not fill the hot water tank. When de-winterizing it is important to have the valves in the correct position for use or conditions like the topic of this thread can be reached.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X