2021 Solitude 378MBS - P4 Nautilus Check Value issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Solitude 378MBS - P4 Nautilus Check Value issue

On our first trip out, went to put water into the fresh tank. That worked. All attempts to consume water from the Fresh tank with the P4 set to Dry Camping ended with water coming out the Water Intake. I see several comments about 'not pressing the check valve' which I am sure I have not done. I assume the purpose of the check valve is to prevent the pressurized water from coming back out the intake. How can I tell if I have a faulty check valve or that someone at the dealership may have pushed it in when they delivered the winterized unit? Actually, now that I type, I realized I had water coming out of the intake when I first disconnected from city water too. Is there a way to reset the check valve?

Welcome SStrunk. I had a check valve fail also. If you call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 and give them your VIN, they'll probably send you a new one. They are very easy to change. In the mean time, you can make a temporary repair by installing a male plug in the water intake. Something similar to this will work:
    https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Garden-H...0398167&sr=8-2

And since this is your first visit to the forum, check out this welcome letter to make your navigating a little easier:
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

SStrunk Welcome to the forum and the family.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

If GDRV doesn't have a valve to send you, there are a couple of other alternatives.

1. Contact B and B Molders who manufacture the check valve. Their number is 574-259-7838. When mine failed a couple of years ago, the sent me two at no charge.
        2. Send me a PM with your address and I'll ship you a replacement. I have several on hand and wouldn't mind sending you one.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you Jim. I appreciate both the response and your offer. I'll call GD first and then B and B if GD cannot help.

Happy Camping
          Steven
          2021 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
          X