• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is your water filter passing full flow?
    2021 Solitude 390RK
    No truck - don't travel

Comment

Could a freeze proof outdoor faucet cause this? Like I said, I used my hose to fill the hold tank up and know it is filled by the fill lights panel....so water is coming from the faucet but could there be something in the faucet that prevents flow when there has not been water running and then you open a faucet inside the camper. I don't know much about freeze proof outdoor faucets.

Comment

stooge40 -- only two other things I can think of related to your issue.

1) there's a valve under the screen where the hose connects. If the valve is damaged (won't relatively easily push in using your finger) water won't flow freely in the camper.

From page 92 from v9 of the Transcend Owner's Manual

Click image for larger version

Name:	valve screen.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	40248

Name:	push on this valve.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	40250

This is the valve associated with the warning in the manual--never turn the handle from CITY to FILL (or vice versa) with water pressurized in the hose.

2) If you're in a cold (freezing) location, the low point drains exposed under your camper may have frozen. The will look something like the example below.

Easy enough to test: with external water source (or the internal pump) off, remove the white screw cap and liquid should come out.

Name:	low point drain.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	40249

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howson, thanks, I'm thinking maybe that is the culprit, now all I gotta do is find a new one and figure out how to replace it.

Comment

stooge40 howson

All of this analysis is relevant to why city water might not flow properly, but does not explain why the same problem exists with tank and pump supply. If you are sure that there is water in the tank, try to figure out why the pump won't deliver it to the faucets. Start by checking the 10A fuse close to the pump. If this fuse is OK and you can hear the pump running, open the closest faucet to allow the pump to purge out the air and it should begin to draw water from the tank. This would be a good time to look for a bent or kinked pipe or hose on the output side of the pump.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob, got the pump running and water running with pump, still problem with City water line so pretty sure it's that valve that Howard mentioned. Any idea where to get that valve on short term notice, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by stooge40 View Post
                Thanks Rob, got the pump running and water running with pump, still problem with City water line so pretty sure it's that valve that Howard mentioned. Any idea where to get that valve on short term notice, anyone?
                That valve is manufactured by B&B molders in Indiana. I had one fail one time and they shipped me a replacement at no charge. Their number is 574-259-7838.

If the valve is truly defective, you might be able to do a short term field modification to allow you to use the system. I'd drill out the center spring loaded valve to allow water to flow into the system. When disconnecting the hose, cap the valve with a male hose plug such as this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Aqua-Garden...0902032&sr=8-2

If B&B can't ship you a replacement plug right away, send my your address via a private message and I'll mail one to you. I have a couple of spares.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

When this crisis has passed, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members There's a lot of info in there that will help you get the most from this forum.

To your question: In the Reference Material sub-section of the Plumbing Channel is a Nautilus panel manual. Your Transcend doesn't have a Nautilus, but the valve is the same one. The website for parts is here: https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/B-B-MOLDERS

I suspect any local Camping World, Gander RV, or any RV store will have the valve. (It's commonly used across many RV brands.)

Name:	reference.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	40267

Do a search on google for part number 301-036-00017 and the first two returns are PDFs with instructions and references.

Name:	google links.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	40269
                  Attached Files
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Can anyone tell me what that valve is for in the pic? And if I remove the valve is my camper going to burn to the ground? Just kidding, I removed the valve (tried to fix it but was unable), water running fine now, until I can get a new one am I going to cause even more problems running without it?

Comment

Can anyone tell me what that valve is for in the pic? And if I remove the valve is my camper going to burn to the ground? Just kidding, I removed the valve (tried to fix it but was unable), water running fine now, until I can get a new one am I going to cause even more problems running without it?
                      It will work just fine as long as you are connected to city water. If you try to use the pump without a hose in place, the system will pump water out the opening.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

It will work just fine as long as you are connected to city water. If you try to use the pump without a hose in place, the system will pump water out the opening.

Jim
                        stooge40

A short therm fix to be able to dry camp and use your pump is install a plug in the fitting. It needs to be a hose thread plug that are sometimes hard to find. What is easy to find is an inline hose valve like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Fr...9587921?NCNI-5 they keep them with the garden hoses. Just about any good hardware store will have them. Just keep it in the off position when using the pump. I use one along with a water flow gauge. https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-56854-H...s%2C290&sr=8-2. Having the valve at the trailer makes it easier to shut off when filling the water tank. Water meter lets me know when I am close to being full.
                        Hope this helps
                        Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                        X