Water Heater probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater probe

Bought this GD XPLOR 221RB in October 2020, its a 2021 model. Only been camping 4 times and this water heater thing(?) is breaking up ... I removed it to make sure all the water was out and this is what I found ... I'm sure this isn't normal. SO I will guess a replacement is in order. Any suggestions as to what causes this and will I need to be replacing this every couple months ?? Also do you think this is something rv dealers carry or will I need something special from GD ??? Thanks for your input here ...
    Wayne
    Attached Files

Anode rod. What you see is perfectly normal. It corrodes to protect the tank. That one is practically new.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Wow ... so how long do they last ?? and are the particles that come off building up in the tank and need to be removed somehow ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kalohe View Post
        Wow ... so how long do they last ?? and are the particles that come off building up in the tank and need to be removed somehow ??
        How long they last depends on how often you use the RV and the water conditions. You’ll just have to see. Anything formed when the rod reacts with the water will either be dissolved or drain out when you empty the tank.

It will eventually look like a meat skewer, though it should be changed before that happens.

check out http://bryantrv.com/images/anode.jpg
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Thanks for the help ... I think a spare will go in the box ...

Comment

Thanks for the help ... I think a spare will go in the box ...
            I'm a boy scout who likes to be prepared for anything but I don't carry a spare. They're usually easily found wherever RV parts are sold.

I winterize each year so I get an annual chance to look at the anode rod and judge if I will need another when I de-winterize. Our OEM rod had supported about ten-eleven months of living and I replaced it despite that it almost certainly would have gone through another six months or more.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Bought this GD XPLOR 221RB in October 2020, its a 2021 model. Only been camping 4 times and this water heater thing(?) is breaking up ... I removed it to make sure all the water was out and this is what I found ... I'm sure this isn't normal. SO I will guess a replacement is in order. Any suggestions as to what causes this and will I need to be replacing this every couple months ?? Also do you think this is something rv dealers carry or will I need something special from GD ??? Thanks for your input here ...
              Wayne
              My last one made it 12 -15 years (previous unit)( one or two trips a year) and I drained the water heater after every trip. No need of a spare as boyscout mentioned. It really depends on the water conditions your in. I cant remember if it is hard water that accelerates it more of Soft water. Can vary a lot.
              Hope this helps
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X