Water leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaks

I found numerous leaks, maybe 10 or so! Pretty much anywhere GD used a flexible hose vs pex at the joints.
    We were warned to the leaks from water coming from behind the panel and then found it was so bad the belly of the trailer was sagging an the water eventually finding its way out near the low water line drains.
    Over the last week I have been slowly replacing some of the water lines. Others I have gone in and tighten the clamps with a pexs clamp tool.
    I guess the question/complaint I have is why does GD use the flex hose vs just doing it all in pex? Frustrated knowing I haven't replaced it all and have concerns about it leaking more.
    Josh & Cameo
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

The connections to the pump will transmit sound into the RV if they are all Pex. Faucet connections can be difficult with pex.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Welcome to our world. Grand Design uses it where bends and turns are much easier with the soft hose as opposed to the PEX. Keep digging, you will bet there eventually.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...e-in-a-315rlts
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Leaks between the soft hose and a Pex fitting have been discussed at length on this forum. Many of us have replaced the soft hose with Pex pipe (except the lines to the water pump for vibration isolation as previously mentioned).

Grand Design (and other RV manufacturers) use the soft hose to expedite assembly of plumbing lines to fixtures. Fitting Pex pipe would take considerably longer.

This concern has been discussed directly with Grand Design (several years ago) and they have advised that they are in compliance with their governing body RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) and are using materials and assembly methods similar to those used by other towable RV manufacturers. They have no intention of changing this.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate & Rob, I looked at your rebuild of the panel. I'll be following your footsteps and doing the same thing. Thanks for putting the info out there for us.
          Josh & Cameo
          2019 Reflection 31MB
          2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

Working...
          X