Imagine 3110BH water hose connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 3110BH water hose connector

I apologize as I dont have my manual with me right now. I had my hose connected to the city water connection (see photo) and I think just to much weight on the connection was happening on it and water started spraying out where I drew the blue arrow. I am going to take this apart but wanted to know where to get a whole new one at?

Thank you,

Brent
    Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
    Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
    2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
    2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Originally posted by Love2GoFastUSCG View Post
    I apologize as I dont have my manual with me right now. I had my hose connected to the city water connection (see photo) and I think just to much weight on the connection was happening on it and water started spraying out where I drew the blue arrow. I am going to take this apart but wanted to know where to get a whole new one at?

Thank you,

Brent

24 Sep Update: Fixed linked thread in next sentence. -Moderator

Same connector is used on the Nautilus panel. Lots of info in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...el-information

Likely you'll find one (or an aftermarket equivalent) at a local RV dealership regardless of the brands they sell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	this white one.JPG Views:	490 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	40943
    Last edited by howson; 09-24-2023, 08:41 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Did you have the seal ring installed between the hose and the connection port. These should always stay inside the female connection but sometimes wiggle out and get lost. Also make sure the connection is tight and if I can recommend a 90 degree elbow connection available at most any stores.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Howson,

Appreciate the info. This is a just in case I need a new one.

Brian,

The seal ring is still in there. The water from what I can tell was spraying behind the ring but in front of the plate where the screws are. I have a 45 elbow which i was using and 90 elbow which is back up but because I was in a rush I had the 45 elbow connected to the inlet then the water filter (camco pure taste) to the heated hose. I think it was to much weight on the inlet honestly. I was trying to keep everything inside the bay with the 15 degree weather. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

Found this on etrailer. Looks like it will do the job. I will pull the other one and see it it matches dimensions. Will let yall know.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Water-In...waAu56EALw_wcB

Comment

Thank you,

Brent
            After you get it replaced consider something like this to relieve the pressure on the connector. This is what I use and it works great. Got it on Amazon.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

After you get it replaced consider something like this to relieve the pressure on the connector. This is what I use and it works great. Got it on Amazon.
              Mike, I have the camco 45 degree elbow but what you have looks good.

Comment

Mike, I have the camco 45 degree elbow but what you have looks good.
                I started with the 90 deg brass camco elbow but it didn't stick out far enough past the handles on the spray port. This one puts it right over the hole the hose comes up through. It also has a shut off lever on the backside.
                Mike & Lisa
                Central Florida
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Mike,

Appreciate the info. I like the fact that it goes past the spray port knobs. I shall research this more.

Brent

Comment

Love2GoFastUSCG (Brent),

The Swan Multi-Purpose Hose Swivel Adapter purchased from Home Depot has worked for me. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Swan-Mul...00CC/300593772

I use two of them along with a 45 degree adapter, coupled together with quick-disconnects, so I can leave the water filter installed. What's convenient about this setup is the filter naturally drains after disconnecting--no water in the tray of the camper or wherever the filter is stored.

The water filter and my hose also have quick-connects, so hooking up (and disconnecting) from the campground's faucet is a fast and easy process. The water meter is there so I know exactly how much water is added to the fresh tank prior to towing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	swivel.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	41127

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Good morning Howard. Great photo of your filter setup. I'm going to try something very similar with our 337RLS. Howerver, looking at the photo raises a question about the grey/black tank valving. I see the one valve pull handle but there are blanks where I have two others on my 337 (one black and two grey valve handles). Was this setup standard with your 315 or did you modify the tank piping?
                      Mark & Ellen
                      2020 Reflection 337RLS
                      2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Howard,

Holy crap that is a awesome setup. I am definitely going to pick up some of these swivels. I like the idea of the digital meter for filling up the tank. Damn I love this forum.

Brent

Comment

Don't mean to be a wet towel on all of this, but as nice as some of these set ups are, none of them really do what Love2GoFastUSCG was looking for. Some way to take the weight off the hose connection. Unless additional support is provided the weight of the hose and filter is still hanging of the hose connection regardless of how many or what degree of bend elbows are added.

Probably the one that comes closest to relieving some of the weight is howson where it looks like the fingers in the access well port may provide some support for his filter. Maybe something as simple as pulling a coil of the water hose into the access well (I know, it's a tight fit) would help. Or mounting the water filter to the side wall (Again, I know that space it limited). Just spit-balling ideas.

Also from personal experience, the well does not stay above freezing in cold temperatures (Maybe this was the source of the crack? Again, just throwing out ideas). The bottom and sides are uninsulated and it lays below the floor level of the basement, and I had reason to chip ice out of the well. I recommend foam insulation for the well before laying the filter in it.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by MAW7228 View Post
                            Good morning Howard. Great photo of your filter setup. I'm going to try something very similar with our 337RLS. Howerver, looking at the photo raises a question about the grey/black tank valving. I see the one valve pull handle but there are blanks where I have two others on my 337 (one black and two grey valve handles). Was this setup standard with your 315 or did you modify the tank piping?
                            Standard setup. Only valve on the Nautilus is for washer tank.

Comment

Thanks for the response Howard. Your posts and responses are a pleasure to read and very informative.
                              Mark & Ellen
                              2020 Reflection 337RLS
                              2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X