Toilet Seat Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Seat Replacement

We need to replace our toilet seat on the Thetford Aquamatic toilet in our RV. The support brackets are poorly made and has bent. I want to get more of a household model. I’m not interested in replacing the complete toilet, even though I know many have, using the Dometic.

I did a search here, and see that American Standard made the Affluent model seat that fit, but it’s no longer available as far as I can tell. Most or all of the others are just short in the width of the seat. I don’t mind if it’s a half inch short, but I don’t want the supports protruding over the interior of the rim too much.

Has anyone found an adequate replacement lately?
    Last edited by howson; 02-14-2021, 11:15 AM.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Steve7

From a project the DW did almost two years (!) ago. According to the parts lookup website both of our units have the same toilet ( a Style II Hi-Profile) so this should work for you, too.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/American...-020/302206331

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pics for Toilet Seat v2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	42833
    Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      From a project the DW did almost two years (!) ago.
      Thanks Howard. I’ve seen this post during my search, but am still having a difficult time locating the seat. I’ll try again.
      Last edited by howson; 02-14-2021, 12:50 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote...

Comment

Today I found a Bemis Mayfair model at Walmart for about $18. I’ve got it installed, but the method they give you for install and the limited room at rear of toilet made it a real pain to install. The fit is okay, but could be better where the seat meets the contact points of the toilet rim. The Thetford apparently has a unique shape. If this one fails in any way I will likely give in and get another Thetford seat.
        Last edited by Steve7; 02-15-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Steve7 There are some used ones on Ebay...
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            There are many useful snippets of wisdom in these many pages of experience. This is one to follow or you'll be begging for tiny circus hands and the patience of a polar bear at a seal hole. When changing the toilet seat and howson Howard says fill the cavity with paper towels (as above), do it. I did not. It's a toilet seat for crying out loud... two screws... that's it... but let the underside thumbnut drop into that porcelain inner cavity and yer in for it. (Yeah, shoulda done the forum search before changing the seat.)

Howard, I will pay more attention. Class dismissed.

Mike
            Mike & Sonya
            2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
            Blue Ox SwayPro
            2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Working...
            X