Sewer hose tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer hose tube

With 2 sewer discharge points and the need for multiple hoses, why just one storage tube under my 2021 Momentum 353G?

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    With 2 sewer discharge points and the need for multiple hoses, why just one storage tube under my 2021 Momentum 353G?
    The questions are great--that's why this forum exists--but may I suggest spending just a moment or two reading the Welcome Letter to New Members ? It will (hopefully) orientate you to how this forum works and maximize the effectiveness of your time here.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We had a Reflection 320MKS with two dump ports. After a few efforts trying to connect both at the same time i:

(a) stopped the hassle and just used them one at a time with the same hose, and

(b) resolved to never buy another trailer with two dump ports.

However if you want to persist with building the double connection with multiple hoses, there are threads here and elsewhere on the internet about using hollow PVC fence posts and caps to create a second hose storage tube under the trailer.

Good luck.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Good question. Poor answer is that you only need one hose if you only dump one tank at a time. Actually, we have added two additional carries to our Momentum for not much cost and carry 3 hoses. We are long enough that we often need 2 hoses to reach the sewer connection from one of our valves (one park we need all three hoses).

Incidentally, I did try Y-ing the hoses together but wasn't overly impressed with the result. Gave that idea up and just hook up one of the extra hoses to dump the back tank, which saves me from having to crawl under the slide out.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I have pretty good luck with putting the wye directly on the elbow into the sewer dump, and then running one hose aft and one forward. I agree, high on my list for the next rig is a single dump point. In addition to the 30' of sewer hose I carry I need two sewer hose supports too. I only bring all this out when I am staying at a full hookup site for more than 4 or 5 days, any less and I just wait until we leave and dump the tanks on the way out. At the dump station I use a short 5 foot hose and dump separately. I added a Valterra sewer hose storage tube in addition to the factory tube, but did the fence post mod for my father in law and actually prefer it to the tube. I also like the idea of the gutter for pulling the hose out and using it for a hose support. I saw that somewhere and think its a great idea.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Our forward dump is for the black and shower tanks, the rear is for the kitchen. For full hookup sites I mad a modified "Y" connection as follows:
            On the rear tank I got a sewer cap with a garden hose nipple on it. For the front outlet I use a 45-degree adapter and short clear extension. The extension has a hole drilled in it and a brass 3/4" female garden hose adapter attached with JB Weld. The tanks are connected with 3/4" corrugated pond or water feature hose, it's flexible yet coils easily for storage. Now all 3 tanks drain into the campground sewer connection.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

I have combined both dumps and added (2) fence post for storage.

Tim
              2020 Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain 1.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	71028320mks
              Attached Files
              Tim
              2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
              2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Indy Tim Thanks for your contribution. Can you show us how it is connected to the tank outlet (where it starts)?
                Welcome to the family and the forum!
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Here is the detail.

Tim
                  Last edited by Country Campers; 11-30-2021, 06:35 PM. Reason: Please read rule #15
                  Tim

Comment

Indy Tim

Please take a moment to read our rules Forum Rules - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com).

I have edited your post to remove the link.

Brian, Moderator
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I used a "T" from the tanks thinking I would use the old discharge if needed but it sat to low and I didn't want to risk it hitting the ground in low clearance towing situations. I put a expandable plug into the "T" to allow for cleanout if needed. I did have to buy a new adapter that bolts to the tank. Search the other Grand Design forum for "Combined 2 drain dumps" for more pics and details.

Tim
                      Attached Files
                      Tim

Comment

Indy Tim Thanks
                        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                        X