Sink issues - Solitude 310 GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink issues - Solitude 310 GK

Does anyone have a problem with water standing in kitchen sink? Grand Design says this is a design problem with no real fix. They say even with no seal in strainer it will still be too high.

Originally posted by 60hud View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with water standing in kitchen sink? Grand Design says this is a design problem with no real fix. They say even with no seal in strainer it will still be too high.
    Is this water in a corner of the sink that doesn't reach the drain or is the drain full of water to the point that it backs up into the sink?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

No the water sits in the middle of sink. where the strainer is screwed together it sits too high and won't let all the water drain out. it's a small amount, but then leaves water marks or hard water stains all the time.

Comment

No the water sits in the middle of sink. where the strainer is screwed together it sits too high and won't let all the water drain out. it's a small amount, but then leaves water marks or hard water stains all the time.
        This sounds like the wrong strainer assembly for the sink. Could you post a picture? We have other Solitude 310 owners who are active on this forum. Perhaps they will share whether they have this same problem or have a different sink/strainer combination.

I have edited your post title to be more specific (looking for input from other owners)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Well Rob we had our unit at the selling dealer for 7 weeks for warrenty work. While there they fixed some minor issues, but didn't get around to ordering the needed parts to finish the job. Finally got disgusted and brought it home to have a non Grand Design dealer finish our work. the selling dealer said that even if there was no gasket in the strainer it would not be low enough for the water to finish draining out. The factory says it is a design flaw and that's as far as it went.

Comment

Well Rob we had our unit at the selling dealer for 7 weeks for warrenty work. While there they fixed some minor issues, but didn't get around to ordering the needed parts to finish the job. Finally got disgusted and brought it home to have a non Grand Design dealer finish our work. the selling dealer said that even if there was no gasket in the strainer it would not be low enough for the water to finish draining out. The factory says it is a design flaw and that's as far as it went.
            Do you have a record of the incident number with Grand Design Customer Service or the name of the individual you dealt with in Customer Service? If you do please do NOT post either here, but send it via private message to myself (or better yet Cate&Rob ).

Finally, as explained in the Welcome Letter to New Members, we'll need your VIN entered in your profile.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We have a 2020 310GK-R, we do not have this problem. We have have very few things go wrong with our unit. It is very well built, we are extended stay in our unit for over a year. Basically the only complaint we have is the furniture. It is just holding up like it should the price we paid for it. Wish they would rethink the sofa and theater seats and put better stuff.
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Comment

Mine is the same way, but I didn't consider it a big deal.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

This sounds like the wrong strainer assembly for the sink. Could you post a picture? We have other Solitude 310 owners who are active on this forum. Perhaps they will share whether they have this same problem or have a different sink/strainer combination.

I have edited your post title to be more specific (looking for input from other owners)

Rob
                  I just checked with Renee. We don't have any drain issues in our 2018 310GK. Sounds to me like the installer or kitting guy grabbed the wrong part.

-Steve
                  2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                  Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                  2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                  18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                  640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                  Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                  Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

I just checked with Renee. We don't have any drain issues in our 2018 310GK. Sounds to me like the installer or kitting guy grabbed the wrong part.

-Steve
                    I just figured mine was pressed on a Tuesday morning after a 3 day weekend that somebody spent .
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I wonder if someone used the wrong drain basket, put gasket on wrong side, or if its not tight enough. Have you tried removing the drain basket and using plumbers putty instead?
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

If the rubber gasket is on top it is installed wrong. Top gasket should be plumbers putty and the rubber gasket goes below. As the nut is tightened the strainer should pull into the sink depression and plumbers putty will squeeze out. That is assuming the strainer flange matches the sink depression. Then this connection should be checked a few more time as during use things will compress more.

Hope this helps
                        Keith
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hmmmmm, I think you may be right Keith. I think I can see the edge of the gasket. I'll look at it when I can.
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We have the same issue. Drain sits too high, leaving a ring of water after draining. Also catches small food particles, small seeds. Looks like the drain is on top of a gasket. Just figured that’s the way it’s made. Just an annoyance, but wish it had been done correctly.
                            Doug & Barb
                            2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                            2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
                            No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
                            Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Working...
                            X