2021 22RBE Holding Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 22RBE Holding Tanks

Two part posting - First, I have to admit I was surprised during my PDI on my new trailer last Friday (2/19/2021) to learn I had 2 grey water drains/tanks. Nowhere in any GD documentation that I had read, or that I can find now, is there any mention of 2 tanks - just that grey water capacity is 82 gallons. How is this split up? What is the capacity for the front (kitchen) tank and what is the capacity for the rear (shower) tank?

Which leads me to my second question - Where are these tanks located on the trailer? Are they on the centerline left to right, or offset one side or the other? And where are they along the length of the trailer? The owners manual directs certain efforts to balance the trailer left/right and front/back, but nowhere in my delivered documentation is (what would seem to me) critical information to assist in that balancing effort.
    Kevin & Angela
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2012 F150 Lariat w/ Ecoboost 2x4

There's a 37G gray, 37G fresh, 45G gray, and a 37G black tank, front to rear. All of the tanks are on the centerline of the trailer.

The front gray is centered under the wall between the bedroom and kitchen.

The fresh water is just aft of the entry door.

The second gray tank is almost centered under the wall between the living room and bathroom.

The black tank is under the toilet, all the way aft.

The aft gray and black will definitely subtract from tongue weight if they have any significant amount of fluid in them. The front gray will add to tongue weight. The fresh water may add some tongue weight.

A Sherline scale will be your best friend to track the actual weights. https://gdrvowners.com/towing-and-hi...g-helpful-info

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson - wow, where did you find this so quickly??? Did I miss a public source somewhere?? Great info, just what I was looking for - appreciate the help!!

Kevin
      Kevin & Angela
      2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
      2012 F150 Lariat w/ Ecoboost 2x4

Comment

19hokie81
        Hi Kevin,

Answering for Howard howson . . .
        Moderators on this forum have access to Grand Design product drawings for reference in answering owner's questions . . . but, we are specifically not allowed to forward these to anyone. If you need/want a specific drawing and you contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN, they will usually provide you with the drawing . . . with the same caveat that you must not post this drawing on any public forum or social media site.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X