Question about metal hose fittings to plastic water inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about metal hose fittings to plastic water inlet

I haven't had a chance to use my new 22MLE trailer yet, as I took delivery with it already winterized and the trailer went straight into storage for the winter. But something I have noticed is that all the water inlets are plastic (Fresh Water in the docking station, black tank flush, etc.)

All my previous trailer had metal fittings so I was not afraid of the metal threads on my hoses damaging the metal threads on water inlets. But since the 22MLE fittings are all plastic, do I need to use hoses with plastic threaded ends? Or plastic 90 degree elbows etc?

Will the metal threads on the ends of my hoses damage the plastic inlet fittings over time?

All my previous trailers used these:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	44256

22MLE uses plastic:

Name:	b6662b01-cf69-4b18-af6a-a6b45f3d5338_1.dd206edc364b13199bfacaca8cfa0277.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	44257

Name:	2021_Grand_Design_RV_IMAGINE_XLS_22MLE_cri5FQ.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	44258

Thanks BillM321
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

You may want to add a brass 45 or 90 and then attach the hose to that so that your connection point will me metal to metal and it will take stress off of the fitting.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I am sure that after multiple uses , years maybe , the plastic threads will give way. A 90 or 45 as stated above attached and left there would save the plastic threads. Our previous TT of another brand had the plastic fresh water connection as well as the black tank flush , 8 years of use with no problems.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here’s what we did. This was before removing the filter system for winterization. When we are using the unit, I have an elbow and a water flow meter that is hooked up to the black tank flush. I just keep them there all season, then remove them for winter.
        Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
        Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
        2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
        Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
        Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
        X