Black tank valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank valve

First time out 2020 Solitude S and went to dump black tank and could tell it oped to easy and nothing came out. What a hassel. What are suggestions to fix. Am I gonna have to take it in?

Gbarker Welcome to the family and the forum! Oh man this opens a stinky problem.
    You may have one of three issues. First is a clog, but I think that if this was the problem that at least something would have came out. If nothing at all came out I would think a valve or cable problem would be more likely.
    Not being familiar with your specific model, I peeked at the parts list and saw the cables for the dump valves. My second thought would be that the set screw that secures the cable to the shaft inside the valve isn't tight. You may or may not be able to access the valve body where it comes out of the black tank and be able to (easiest solution) see if the shaft moves while somebody opens and closes the valve. If the connector shaft moves but the shaft to the blade doesn't you may be able to use an allen wrench to tighten the set screw on the shaft. If you can see that the connection and the shaft move together then the remote possibility that the shaft is out of the blade and that would definantly be a dealer issue, if for no other reason than letting them deal with the outflow.

If you are relatively sure about a clog, then creating a pressurized back flow may be the easiest way. There are ways to configure connectors and a third blade valve to create back pressure to possibly break a clog loose. We will try to help you thru this, but we also understand that being your first trip ot that you may not have access to the various connectors that get accumilated over time.
    When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and have the best possible experience. The welcome letter is at Welcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums

Please let us know exactly which model Solitude so we can give better feed back. I looked at a video showing that your plumbing is the same as mine, so..
    To access the valves you will have to remove the angled wall in the front pass thru to access the plumbing and wiring. To access the valves, you will see openings at the back of the compartment. You may or may not be able to easily see the valves, but you may be able to use a cell phone to see them or record the connector as somebody moves the handle in and out. I was almost able to change out a gray water valve without dropping the coroplast, but I couldn't get one bolt due to an epoxy on the head. After that was corrected, I can change out mine without dropping the cloroplast, but dropping enough to get to the valves isn't a big deal either.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 02-28-2021, 05:50 PM.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Gbarker View Post
      First time out 2020 Solitude S and went to dump black tank and could tell it oped to easy and nothing came out. What a hassel. What are suggestions to fix. Am I gonna have to take it in?
      ThePowells (Jerry) has accurately described the options. While not 100% applicable to your situation, what I had to do may give you some insight on what needs to happen. You'll find the thread at this link: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...valves-315rlts
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

After spending much time in the basement today getting the last appliance (water pump) off of the floor and installing a relay for a new and improved remote vac and then some general cleaning I also looked at my valves to help you out. The large part of the shaft that you may get to see is the connector I spoke of. It screws onto the shaft that connects to the blade and the cable fits into the back end and is secured by an allen screw. My black tank valve is extremely easy to see.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X