Shower plumbing SPRAYING LEAK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower plumbing SPRAYING LEAK

I may as well enter my fourth and final problem with my 1 month old 265BH.

2 weeks after living in the trailer the pavement underneath dried out. a couple of days later my wife noticed two significant drips underneath the unit. HUGE puddles under our trailer dripping from the inside ! walking on the bathroom, master bedroom, and partway into the kitchen we had started noticing the floor feeling more and more bumpy. i guessed the kitchen sink was leaking and sure enough it was, from the hot supply line. prolly about 80 drips per minute. SIGNIFICANT. i noticed the hot line easily took another turn just by hand strength, so i decided to shut the water off and put plumbers tape on and tighten it the best i could by hand. several towels and the shop vac to suck all the swollen wood cracks dry as i could and i thought i was done. we thought the dripping would eventually stop outside on the pavement but three days later it had only slowed. still i thought maybe the insulation was holding water still. that evening i walked across the bathroom floor into the master bedroom with bare feet and the floor was noticeably lumpier ! and there was water wicking along the wall in the master bedroom. i also noticed the trim / wood was quite swollen. my heart sank and i decided to take the shower faucet fixture apart to see if it was leaking. YUP ! After cutting the silicone caulking and carefully pulling the faucet shroud back i saw and heard a half inch wide beam of spray, from the hot side, spraying all over the inside! Those who put this unit together need to be fired. The hot side was hand loose! i tightened it to the best of my ability but was not able to get in there good enough to apply the plumbers tape. Summary, i spent several hours reaching around finding puddles underneath the shower access area, stuffed a wet shop vac hose down any void i could find including the layer of insulation i could reach. IT WAS SOAKED EVERYWHERE I COULD REACH underneath the shower ! i was able to wet shop vac out about 1.5 gallons of water from the areas i could reach. The drip on the outside slowed down over about 5 days until it stopped completely. How disgusting and disappointing that my first ever trailer, a Grande Design is now essentially, ruined, warped and contains appliances that don't work or only work if i am able to modify them. And when will the hot water tank leak again? talk about stress. The shower and sink leaks were insanely bad and crazy to fix and clean up and they have caused a huge loss in value of my trailer. i will continue to add my nightmare stories to this and other forums about my experience with GD. Want to throw some money into a brand new broken trailer and watch your cash depreciate away within a month? buy a GD. It's disgusting i have a hard time even typing this. And yes, i took pictures of everything. My phone call to Sprad's RV in Reno went un-answered. i am now stuck with having to decide wether or not to get my lawyer involved.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 02-28-2021, 08:47 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling, Moderator

This is not good news at all. If your dealer has not been helpful have you contacted Grand Design? Getting Grand Design involved may be what you need. Contact Customer Service and get a case number and send them our photos and documentation. Please keep us posted with GD's answers.

I do appreciate your anger at the quality of the unit that you received but would like to request that you keep the posts civil.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian, have i not kept it civil? i should be able to express frustration with my circumstances. Please indicate to me how i have not been "civil"

Comment

Originally posted by dave brown View Post
        Brian, have i not kept it civil? i should be able to express frustration with my circumstances. Please indicate to me how i have not been "civil"
        Dave

Yes you have been civil but the choice of "hidden" words is what I would like to not see. Your frustration is evident and I would be the same or worse but please leave the swear words out of the posts.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X