fresh water tank location on Momentum 31G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh water tank location on Momentum 31G

I'm getting ready to go to the CAT scale and do some weighing. I would rather not fill the water tank as it's still winterized but I would like to know where it is located on the 31G. It's 100 gallons so that's 830 pounds I need to account for. I have seen some folks on here who can look tank locations somehow.

Does anybody know where the tank are located on the 31G, or does GD post that type of information somewhere?

Thanks,
    jonathan
    2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

jlackman

GD has entrusted the moderators here with a limited number of proprietary diagrams, so there is some information we can look up and convey but we are not allowed to post the actual diagram. This has been a consistent policy from GD for as long as I've known of the company across multiple forums and platforms.

But to your question. It looks like there's two fresh water tanks.

The parts lookup website doesn't give a clue to their capacity: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/61237

I can't find anything online referencing a "W-1497" tank.

Since your trailer has a 6 gallon water heater, I *assume* the tanks are then ~47 gallons each since the specifications on the GD website says the trailer carries 100 gallons. (Usually the holding capacity of the water heater is added to the total capacity of the trailer.)

The location of the two tanks is along the centerline of the trailer under the kitchen. I drew a rough outline in the pic below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31G tanks.JPG
Views:	1326
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	44457

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      The location of the two tanks is along the centerline of the trailer under the kitchen. I drew a rough outline in the pic below.
      thanks howson !!! I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so I can go visit my nearest CAT scale, weigh everything, and then retune the Click image for larger version  Name:	Equal-i-zer_left.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.3 KB ID:	44472hitch. There are some variables with the toy hauler, since I'm loading 2 x ATVs and can move them quite a bit. I'm pretty pleased the fresh water is in front of the axles.
      Last edited by howson; 03-01-2021, 10:24 AM. Reason: Shortened quote...
      2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Working...
      X