Where to buy DR24 ABS pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy DR24 ABS pipe?

I am working on a mod under my coaches kitchen sink and need a short piece of the 1-1/2 ABS DR24 drain pipe. I know I can use the normal sch40 ABS pipe but the dr24 pipe is thinner and makes less of a ridge in the fittings. I have searched high and low on the internet and inquired at my local RV dealer and so far all they have been able to offer is the sch40 ABS type. Anyone know where to get the factory dr24 ABS pipe?

<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
    2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
    2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Originally posted by WRingling View Post
    I am working on a mod under my coaches kitchen sink and need a short piece of the 1-1/2 ABS DR24 drain pipe. I know I can use the normal sch40 ABS pipe but the dr24 pipe is thinner and makes less of a ridge in the fittings. I have searched high and low on the internet and inquired at my local RV dealer and so far all they have been able to offer is the sch40 ABS type. Anyone know where to get the factory dr24 ABS pipe?
    I took a look at the parts lookup for your 2019 Reflection 337 and found the part linked below. It appears to be polypropylene pipe. I was able to find a 16" piece of 1-1/2 Polypro on Amazon, see the second link.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/1885

https://www.amazon.com/Dearborn-A980...4696806&sr=8-4

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Any good plumbing supply store will have it as will some hardware stores. You can give a plumber a call and find out where they get it too. Also look in you phone book for any pipe suppliers.

Hope this helps
      Keith.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I talked today with a company called Dave Carter & Associates, Inc today who supplies the DR24 pipe to many RV manufactures and they told me that this pipe is not available at plumbing supply houses and is only used anymore in the RV industry. The pipe was also designed to be used in the manufactured house industry but that most of them have converted over to PVC instead of using this version of ABS pipe. So it looks like the only way I might be able to get the DR24 pipe is to find a RV manufacturer that uses the DR24 pipe and will sell to people directly as most dealers can't or won't try and get it from the manufacturer of the RV.
        2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

I talked today with a company called Dave Carter & Associates, Inc today who supplies the DR24 pipe to many RV manufactures and they told me that this pipe is not available at plumbing supply houses and is only used anymore in the RV industry. The pipe was also designed to be used in the manufactured house industry but that most of them have converted over to PVC instead of using this version of ABS pipe. So it looks like the only way I might be able to get the DR24 pipe is to find a RV manufacturer that uses the DR24 pipe and will sell to people directly as most dealers can't or won't try and get it from the manufacturer of the RV.
          . Have you called GD customer service. They may know of sources. They helped me find a replacement stove vent. Have your vin number handy.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

If the ridge at the fitting is the issue you could always use a file or dremmel on the sched40 to thin or chamfer the wall at the end of the pipe sections.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

If the ridge at the fitting is the issue you could always use a file or dremmel on the sched40 to thin or chamfer the wall at the end of the pipe sections.
              I had thought of doing that and I might have to resort to that. I just thought that I could purchase the same type of replacement pipe through a vendor on the internet. I have even reached out to a number of RV salvage places to see if I might also be able to purchase some out of a wrecked RV. I am sure the vent pipes in almost all RVs are this thin wall pipe and would be clean as they never see water or other debris. The sad part is there is probably tons of this stuff thrown away that could be recycled and used.
              2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

So after many phone calls and searching on the internet I found that the DR24 ABS pipe is used by almost all large RV manufacturers but no dealers, plumbing supply, home centers, specialty plastics distributors sell the pipe to the public. I did find that there is a PVC version per say that is rated for both potable and non-potable uses, has the same OD and wall thickness and feels just as flexible as the DR24 ABS pipe. Its called SDR-21 PVC and is available everywhere. I got a 20ft length of it from a local company that specializes in lawn irrigation supplies. My plan is to rough up the outside after it is installed with some 120grit sandpaper and paint with matte black spray paint so it blends in with the other ABS pipe it will be connected to. I will need to use the PVC&ABS special glue but I already have that for working with ABS to ABS joints. If this was in a wall and not seen I wouldn't worry about the paint but this will be exposed a bit under my sink and ill see it every time I get something out of the cabinet. Sometimes I dislike the amount of perfection I expect out of myself.
                2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

Working...
                X