Bathroom Grey Tank Indicator, Odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Grey Tank Indicator, Odd

Our Bathroom Grey tank, and associated level indicator (sink and shower) has operated with no issues since new in Dec 19. Now all of the sudden I'm getting 4 lights on the status board. I'm confident that the tank is as empty as possible and I'm wondering, since there are no items going down the sink or shower that are similar to what goes down the toilet, I can't figure out why I'm getting 4 lights, or what it could possibly be than might be interfering with the high point indicator, other than the possibility of an indicator gone bad, which is only a guess on my part.
    All tips and experience on this issue are appreciated.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay โš“๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Could be the gradual buildup of soap scum. You might try dosing it with vinegar.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
      Could be the gradual buildup of soap scum. You might try dosing it with vinegar.
      ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Thanks Ted.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
        Our Bathroom Grey tank, and associated level indicator (sink and shower) has operated with no issues since new in Dec 19. Now all of the sudden I'm getting 4 lights on the status board. I'm confident that the tank is as empty as possible and I'm wondering, since there are no items going down the sink or shower that are similar to what goes down the toilet, I can't figure out why I'm getting 4 lights, or what it could possibly be than might be interfering with the high point indicator, other than the possibility of an indicator gone bad, which is only a guess on my part.
        All tips and experience on this issue are appreciated.
        Dave,
        The Lippert training diagram below may help with the understanding of how the system works. This particular diagram is with a OneControl discrete tank monitor, but the idea is the same with the sensors hooked right to a control panel with LEDs (or the Unity x4 board in the Momentums).

What happens is the sensors get "stuff" on them (as TedS documented) which leads to inaccurate indication.

I don't use the panel indication of any tank status--sensors are too unreliable. I've found dumping on a schedule is a more reliable method of keeping the tanks below their maximum capacity.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert Diagram.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	44651
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          The Lippert training diagram below may help ...
          Thank you Howard!
          Last edited by howson; 03-02-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote...
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
          X