Water leak in underbelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak in underbelly

What fills the underbelly on a Transcend? Is it open space around the different components? I have a very small drip underneath approximately 12-16" behind the back tire but about dead center of the RV. The line from the gray water cleanout goes in that direction so I'm thinking the back gray water tank? I know how water can run from other sources, however. Thanks for any input.

I have ordered some underbelly repair tape in case I need to go into it.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
    What fills the underbelly on a Transcend? Is it open space around the different components? I have a very small drip underneath approximately 12-16" behind the back tire but about dead center of the RV. The line from the gray water cleanout goes in that direction so I'm thinking the back gray water tank? I know how water can run from other sources, however. Thanks for any input.

Bill, there was a similar post in the last couple of days. In my case, I had a slow drip from one of the sensors on my gray tank. All it needed was a little tightening and the leak stopped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Leak 1.jpg
Views:	2432
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	44733
    Attached Files
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Your gray tank is right there, It could be the tank, the tank vent pipe or even the connection from the shower,sink. Not sure where to point you , might have to do a little investigating.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have a very small drip underneath approximately 12-16" behind the back tire but about dead center of the RV.
        Of course the drawings don't show the tires so I overlapped a pic with the floorplan. My guess is one of the many water lines (even the hot water heater, the red rectangle) has sprung a leak. Water is flowing to the lowest point--the middle of the sag in the camper's coroplast. How the water is getting through the coroplast is a bit of a mystery, but obviously there's a hole.

The gray holding tank is in that area, so that's a possibility, too, since all the bathroom drains (except the toilet) go into it.

Can you tell if the water is "dirty", soapy, or is it clean? That might give you a clue as to the source.

Click image for larger version

Name:	221RB.JPG
Views:	2461
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	44736
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Bill,

Cutting the underbelly coroplast is never a good idea. It is the “time saver” that will continue to be an ongoing problem. If you need to access the tank, it is better to unfasten and drop the coroplast as a sheet, from one end.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I really appreciate all of the replies.

Jim, the gray tank would definitely be the first place to look. Without totally winterizing I had all water out of the unit and lines blown out and empty. One thing I forgot about was the p trap for the shower drain so maybe.

Brian, based on Rob's post I might have plenty to look at. I will get on a creeper and see what is involved with dropping the coroplast partially. That should give me a better view of things.

Howard, that is the general area but maybe a tad more forward. I had removed the panel from the water heater connections when I first put water to the unit after our recent deep freeze and saw no leaks. I have wondered if there are connections in the underbelly. The water appears to be fairly clean. I didn't notice it until late this afternoon so I didn't crawl under yet. I check the area where it's coming from and see if I can determine how it is getting through.

Brian, I'll heed your advice and save the repair tape for emergency use. Thanks.

Bill & Cindy
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

A couple of questions, 1) is the coroplast one solid piece, and 2) are the fasteners threaded screws? Thanks.
              Bill & Cindy
              2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
              SE Texas

Comment

A couple of questions, 1) is the coroplast one solid piece, and 2) are the fasteners threaded screws? Thanks.
                Hi Bill,

What you describe is the "usual" configuration for the coroplast . . . although, I am not 100% sure that this is the case on Transcend.

You should be able to unfasten the screws along the frame rails to drop the coroplast (from the back in this case) and as long as the front part stays attached, this should help align the holes as you put it back up into place after.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Bill,

What you describe is the "usual" configuration for the coroplast . . . although, I am not 100% sure that this is the case on Transcend.

You should be able to unfasten the screws along the frame rails to drop the coroplast (from the back in this case) and as long as the front part stays attached, this should help align the holes as you put it back up into place after.

Rob
                  Rob, thank you. Not sure I'll get to look today but trying to compile as much info as possible before taking care of this.
                  Bill & Cindy
                  2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                  SE Texas

Comment

Not sure I'll get to look today but trying to compile as much info as possible before taking care of this.
                    Hi Bill,

Please take pictures as you go (we don't have a lot of Transcend info yet, on this forum) and don't hesitate to ask questions here.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have some pictures that I took this morning.

I removed water pressure from the water lines yesterday but it was still leaking this morning.
                      I have now drained the rear gray water tank, the freshwater tank, and the water heater. I will check them later to see if the drip remains. If not, I will add water back to each separately and give time for a drip to begin. I don't believe the coroplast is holding a large amount of water as I can push on it and hear no indication of water and it gives easily.

Is there a way to know if the rear gray and the freshwater tanks are lined up with each other?

Here are the pics I took. As far as holes in the coroplast, there are holes scattered that were intentionally placed and they about the size a paper hole punch would make. The drip appears to be coming out of one of these. Also, the drip is near exactly 6' from the rear.
                      Attached Files
                      Bill & Cindy
                      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                      SE Texas

Comment

I have some pictures that I took this morning.

I removed water pressure from the water lines yesterday but it was still leaking this morning.
                        I have now drained the rear gray water tank, the freshwater tank, and the water heater. I will check them later to see if the drip remains. If not, I will add water back to each separately and give time for a drip to begin. I don't believe the coroplast is holding a large amount of water as I can push on it and hear no indication of water and it gives easily.

Is there a way to know if the rear gray and the freshwater tanks are lined up with each other?

Here are the pics I took. As far as holes in the coroplast, there are holes scattered that were intentionally placed and they about the size a paper hole punch would make. The drip appears to be coming out of one of these. Also, the drip is near exactly 6' from the rear.
                        Bill - that picture of the water looks pretty clean as in fresh water not grey. When we had a leak in our shower a few years ago, that water looked clean but when I smelled it I could detect a faint soap smell.

Dan
                        Dan & Carol
                        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Bill

When I dropped my coroplast this winter I used some spring clamps , like paper binders or what ever you can find , to hold it back up along the edges until I could line up the screw holes. This worked really well and made the job easier.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Bill, don't forget that if there is any type of batting insulation in the underbelly it will hold water like a sponge any may take a little time to dry out.

If you want to test both of the waste water tanks at the same time, just add vinegar to ONE tank. That way if you can determine which tank is leaking. However this will not let you know if its both tanks leaking not just one.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Bill - that picture of the water looks pretty clean as in fresh water not grey. When we had a leak in our shower a few years ago, that water looked clean but when I smelled it I could detect a faint soap smell.

Dan
                              It is clean. When I refill the tanks, I'll probably fill the freshwater first. I had put 10 gals in after we got over our week of freezing. I can do without much in there unless we are traveling a good distance. Even at that I can use water from milk jugs for flushing the toilet.

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                              Bill

When I dropped my coroplast this winter I used some spring clamps , like paper binders or what ever you can find , to hold it back up along the edges until I could line up the screw holes. This worked really well and made the job easier.

Brian
                              I have a bunch of those from my woodworking days. I assume things like jack stands have to be removed to take it down? Heck, when I drop it I'm going to go a touch further to see if I can fix the bolt showing in the flooring.

Bill & Cindy
                              2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                              SE Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X