Hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water

We have a Momentum 21G. We are newbies and have only taken it out a few times. Is 5 minutes of hot water normal? Are we doing something wrong? We have tried having both electric and propane on with the same results. TIA

Welcome to the family and the forum!

I would believe that you have the 6 gallon hot water heater. The first things to check would be to make sure that the bypass valves are all set completely for the use of the water heater. That means both the inlet and outlet valves are open and the crossover connection valve is closed. Next, check the controls for the outside shower and make sure that both valves are closed. Next would running out enough water to the point that heat cycle starts and then check the temp of the water coming out. Do this on both the electric side and the LP side and make sure that they are consistent. You can also add using the gas side with the 110 to get a little more hot water out of the system.

​​​​​​​ If you haven't seen it, the moderators have taken the time and effort to create a thread with information to help new members have the best experience possible. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Filling out your profile and signature line is a great first step.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Tankpmz View Post
      We have a Momentum 21G. We are newbies and have only taken it out a few times. Is 5 minutes of hot water normal? Are we doing something wrong? We have tried having both electric and propane on with the same results. TIA
      Check the faucet position on the exterior (Nautilus) panel, too. If they are on the hot/cold is mixed prior to delivery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Faucets.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	47297
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Tankpmz View Post
        The above posts are spot on but address the temperature of the water not the length of time you get it for. If your hot water is blazing hot (I can’t have my hand under it when just the hot is on), then it’s probably working correctly. I assume you’re five minutes is in the shower. To extend your shower time you’ll need to turn off the water in between rinsing and soaping, particularly if you’re in a cold area (the incoming water is colder so takes longer to heat). We can get through a shower each but need to wait for it to catch up between.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

We have a 21G as well with the 6 gallon water heater. I haven't taken showers over 5 minutes without shutting it off between soaking and rinsing. I know that when doing dishes we may get about 5 or 10 minutes max.

I know the water pump in the 21G is the Shurflo 4008 which is rated at 3 gallons per minute at 55 psi. If you do the math, that means the hot water will only last 2 minutes if o additional heating takes place. It takes about 10 minutes for the 6 gallons of water to be sufficiently heated, so I would think you have about 3 minutes of hot water (assuming you are using hot water ONLY). if it's mixed with cold water, youre probably only using about 2 gallons per minute which would increase the time to about 5 or 6 minutes.
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Tankpmz ,
            Another strategy is to use both the electric and gas simultaneously to quickly heat the hot water.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X