IMAGINE 2970RL - Access to Winterization Valve in Docking Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAGINE 2970RL - Access to Winterization Valve in Docking Station

There are very few things I dislike about my Imagine 2970RL, but one is the need to remove the side panel off of the universal docking station in order to access the winterization (i.e. antifreeze suction) selector valve.

Today I found a neat little plastic "access door" at Lowe's and I installed it in about an hour. It is held in place by spring tension on two "flip tabs" and I can pop it in or out in seconds. I believe this will also be handy if I want to inspect for leaks behind the docking station. The cost was less than $15. I posted some photos in case anyone else is interested.

One thing I did was cut the hole exactly to the size of the insert (7 7/8" X 7 7/8") rather than the 8"X8" that they specify. This way it fits snugly in the hole without any movement.

Bob
    Last edited by howson; 03-27-2021, 09:46 PM.
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Nice looking fix.
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

-- clever mod. Consider passing to the Imagine team and others that have a similar configuration.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I did a similar install. Looks good.
        Jason & Kim
        Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        2016 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by vogey75 View Post
          I did a similar install. Looks good.
          Makes a big improvement!
          Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post
            There are very few things I dislike about my Imagine 2970RL, but one is the need to remove the side panel off of the universal docking station in order to access the winterization (i.e. antifreeze suction) selector valve.

Today I found a neat little plastic "access door" at Lowe's and I installed it in about an hour. It is held in place by spring tension on two "flip tabs" and I can pop it in or out in seconds. I believe this will also be handy if I want to inspect for leaks behind the docking station. The cost was less than $15. I posted some photos in case anyone else is interested.

One thing I did was cut the hole exactly to the size of the insert (7 7/8" X 7 7/8") rather than the 8"X8" that they specify. This way it fits snugly in the hole without any movement.

Bob
            Very nice! I'll remember that if I need an access panel. I don't do much winterization living in Florida. Thanks for sharing as it may have other applications.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Well done both Bob and Jason ! Thanks for sharing. I see folks doing this relatively quick and easy effective modification.

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
              X