Getting ready for plumbing disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for plumbing disaster

Cate&Rob I know you've had some "interesting" experiences with the plumbing in your trailer. What do you carry around to handle problems when they arise?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
    Cate&Rob I know you've had some "interesting" experiences with the plumbing in your trailer. What do you carry around to handle problems when they arise?
    Hi Mark,

Attached is a summary of the plumbing tools and spare parts that I carry. I was surprised to find that all the spare parts and even the tools would probably fit into one shoe box.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Yoda
      Yoda commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!
      I had not seen this before. Thanks for putting it together Rob.
      I almost have everything you mention. If I may add, I carry a 4' piece of 1/2 rigid pex and some 1/2" soft hose too. I also have a few 1/2 inch ratchet clamps that don't have the openings on the side (for spots you cant get the ring clamp into). Not sure what they are called but the straps overlap when tightening. Not to plug Home Depot, but in their brass fittings section I found 90's, 45's and straight fittings that have the correct end to attach to the Nautilus panel and water heater, etc. They also have pretty much everything Rob mentions. Already had to use a few. As things fail or leak I go to brass if at all possible. One question Rob - where did you get the toilet parts and Kantleak valve cartridge. Where online might one look and where to find part numbers. Local dealer has limited stock.

Thanks again Rob - now need to get a few more tools and parts.

PS I am going to get a tool box or tub just big enough for all the tools and spare parts to save me time finding stuff :-) Don't ask why I mentioned this.

Wishing no leaks to everyone

Yoda

WRT . . . "One question Rob - where did you get the toilet parts and Kantleak valve cartridge."

The Kantleak cartridge is Anderson Brass PN 200RV-RK. Most sites seem to show this as no longer available, but the ABCO (Anderson Brass) site shows it for $35.99 with a "Legacy" description. Both ABCO and Grand Design were handing these things out for free at the height of the problems a couple of years ago . . . I don't know if they still do this.
    https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/200rv-rk

I keep an eyeout for the various toilet repair kits when cruising the various RV stores. You just need to know the exact model of your toilet. Probably a Thetford 42070 . . . but check the label on the back to make sure.
    https://www.thetford.com/part/aqua-magic-style-ii/

Rob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-03-2019, 12:31 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Reading the attachment, I have a question. We have a 2020 Solitude S 2930RL. Is all the piping Pex? We've only had the RV a couple of months and I haven't ventured into the plumbing cave yet. If i is all Pex, then I should acquire the spare parts and tools as you've suggested. Thank you!
      2019 F250 Lariat
      2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Originally posted by bradnailer View Post
        Reading the attachment, I have a question. We have a 2020 Solitude S 2930RL. Is all the piping Pex? We've only had the RV a couple of months and I haven't ventured into the plumbing cave yet. If i is all Pex, then I should acquire the spare parts and tools as you've suggested. Thank you!
        It is possible (but highly unlikely) that your Solitude has only Pex piping. GDRV uses mostly Pex, but some soft hose throughout all their products. See the attachment to post 1 of this thread for information on why you should be cautious of the soft hose attached to Pex fittings. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ls?view=thread Several others have also experienced similar drip leaks at hose to Pex fitting if these connections are bumped or moved in any way and the more serious burst hose which usually happens at the outlet connection of the water heater.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

bradnailer

Here is some more information on how Pex piping goes with Pex fittings and the 1/2" ID soft hose should be used with 1/2" barbed hose fittings . . . not the smaller OD Pex fittings.

Rob
          Attached Files
          Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            bradnailer

Here is some more information on how Pex piping goes with Pex fittings and the 1/2" ID soft hose should be used with 1/2" barbed hose fittings . . . not the smaller OD Pex fittings.

Rob
            Awesome, thank you!
            2019 F250 Lariat
            2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Working...
            X