Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Heavysledz Jeff,

Nice addition. I'll add these to my next order.

Jim
    Thanks Jim.....It is nice when a modification doesn't cost an arm and a leg to implement!
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

Looks like we both purchased the same valve but I opted to install a mesh type drain plug to deter creepy crawlies from making a nest in the pipe....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xnip2021-03-28_22-35-45.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	48245
      Jeff
      I did not know that screen existed. It would work well in place of my air/vac on my vent system. Great find
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Jeff
        I did not know that screen existed. It would work well in place of my air/vac on my vent system. Great find
        Keith
        Actually, I didn't either until I started searching for one and stumbled upon it on Amazon. Would make a nice plug for a HW heater after draining it to keep critters out and allow the tank to breathe...
        Jeff and Debbie
        2021 Imagine 2250RK
        USMC Veteran

Comment

While I do like the idea of metal fittings, unfortunately I live in the south where everything corrodes. Not as bad as the salt belt states, but most people do not travel in the conditions where they lay salt like overlaying a road.

I like the plastic ones as hopefully they do not corrode into 1 pcs on me.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            While I do like the idea of metal fittings, unfortunately I live in the south where everything corrodes. Not as bad as the salt belt states, but most people do not travel in the conditions where they lay salt like overlaying a road.

I like the plastic ones as hopefully they do not corrode into 1 pcs on me.
            valid point and logical choice to go with the plastic valves in your case. I live in Idaho and when we aren't camping, the trailer is in our garage so it doesn't see much bad weather....
            Jeff and Debbie
            2021 Imagine 2250RK
            USMC Veteran

Comment

The brass valve most likely is not marine grade where this valve or the plastic are both easy to replace. We do not plan to tow in the salt where If we did, the steel frame would be my focus on corrosion. Its rusting now without salt exposure.

Jim

Comment

So my 4 valves arrived today. I pulled a brain embolism when ordering and ordered 4 - 3/4" valves. I now have 3 spares and need to get 2 for the low point drains. Was not thinking when I ordered them and the low point drains are 1/2".
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  So my 4 valves arrived today. I pulled a brain embolism when ordering and ordered 4 - 3/4" valves. I now have 3 spares and need to get 2 for the low point drains. Was not thinking when I ordered them and the low point drains are 1/2".
                  Doh!!
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/xT5LME...Hiyk/giphy.gif
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

really? I went and picked up two more 3/4 " valves based on the great advice in this thread LOL! I'm in the same boat now... Good thing I'm visiting Home Depot every week anyhow. At least I know now, just from monitoring this thread I didn't even have to go test my second set.
                    2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

jlackman I was busy when I ordered them, and it might have been raining. Only reason I ordered 4 was to get free shipping. Local HD does not stock them.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                      X