No announcement yet.

Black Tank Sensor reading full when not - '21 2400BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had my tanks cleaned out by Kleen Tank at the Michigan rally and this is the first time all my tank sensors are working. Added benefit of getting tanks cleaned
    Ken & Lora Lazur
    2019 Ram Mega Cab
    2020 315 RLTS
    Northville, Michigan

Comment

I've owned several different RV's during my adult life and none of the tank level indicators have ever worked as advertised including my new 2020 Solitude which showed all the tanks at 1/3 and they were empty. Like Rob said don't push the button cause it probably won't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

The only way to be sure that you won’t get random false readings is to not push the button on the panel . After trying all sorts of cleaning schemes, I just gave up. We manage tank use by conserving water when necessary but always keep a minimum of 10 gallons of water in the black tank (measured with a flow meter on the flush line). The sink drains and the toilet flush will sound different when the tanks get close to full . . . this is all that you really need to know.

Rob
        Agreed. Just be conscientious of your water/waste water. We just got back from Mama Gerties outside of Asheville and they had water issues on the top level ALL weekend. They gave us 30min window to fill our fresh tank on Saturday after not having water after 6pm on Friday. Had no water all weekend essentially. It was just Copilot and I so we aren't too water heavy. I used the gauges as an estimate and thats the best anyone should do.

We did both take showers (not navy showers) and used 1/3 of fresh which coincidently increased our Gray 2 by 1/3. Makes me want to put 1/3 fresh in anywhere now even with full hook just in case!

FYI my black tank sensor is better after a few trips but still will randomly read 1/3 full when we arrive dry to the campsite.
        2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
        2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Originally posted by GrandDeal3 View Post

. . . my black tank sensor is better after a few trips but still will randomly read 1/3 full when we arrive dry to the campsite.
          Just a comment . . . an empty tank is never "dry". There can be up to 1/2" of liquid in any of the waste tanks that can't get over the seal ring of the gate valve within the 3" drain pipe. Some tanks have a sump where the drain pipe attaches to aid in complete draining . . . but most don't. This liquid sloshing about as you tow, could easily bounce something up on to the lowest black tank sensor.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X