Lack of water at kitchen sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of water at kitchen sink

I've read and searched the forum and haven't found this particular problem.

2021 Transcend 260RB the water works in the bathroom....hot/cold on city water and on tank water.

The problem is the water does NOT work in the kitchen sink. No hot/cold on city water or tank. I see that water has passed through the faucet and one time because there are drips. No shut-off valves under the sink and I see nothing under the trailer. I've removed the head with the aerator in it and still no water.

I've contacted my dealer and expect a call back sometime tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this issue? A solution?

Thanks in advance.

John
    John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
    2017 Jayco 26BH
    2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

J & J Bumblebee amp; J

This sounds like kinked or crushed water lines since both are affected. This is more common with the braided soft hose rather than the harder plastic Pex water lines. Are the lines to your kitchen, hose or Pex?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

They are hose, red and blue. I've felt behind the paneling under the sink and no kinks there. It would have to be under the flooring somewhere. It's the water droplets that I saw when I switched from cold to hot that tells me it's had water and something between taking delivery last week and now has happened.
      Last edited by J & J Bumblebee; 03-31-2021, 08:12 PM.
      John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

I just had a problem with very low flow to kitchen sink. Took apart the spray head and blew it out. Works fine now. Suspect some debris got in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dnmatt View Post
          I just had a problem with very low flow to kitchen sink. Took apart the spray head and blew it out. Works fine now. Suspect some debris got in there.

That's a good suggestion. I've removed the entire head and still no water. Something within the belly of the beast is causing this and I think it will have to go back to the dealer. Luckily, we don't have a trip planned until the 21st. I'm sure this will be resolved by then or we'll go and not use the kitchen sink. :-)
          John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

You could have something in the faucet valve or hose causing the blockage. You may try unhooking the water lines under the sink (they should be hand tight) and using the pump bump the power to it and see if you get water flow to the lines. If you get flow to the lines, then its in the faucet itself.

You might be able to back flush the faucet with air with the head removed with the low point drains removed. I suggest you collect the discharge to see if you get anything.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              You could have something in the faucet valve or hose causing the blockage. You may try unhooking the water lines under the sink (they should be hand tight) and using the pump bump the power to it and see if you get water flow to the lines. If you get flow to the lines, then its in the faucet itself.

You might be able to back flush the faucet with air with the head removed with the low point drains removed. I suggest you collect the discharge to see if you get anything.

I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you.

John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
                Something within the belly of the beast is causing this
                I suspect that you are (unfortunately) correct. Those two hoses are likely wedged or twisted somewhere within the underbelly.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It turned out to be operator malfunction. I neglected to pull the little handle towards me when operating the faucet not just moving it side to side.

Is there an 'I feel like an idiot' emoji that I can insert here?

John
                  John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

John,

Don't feel bad, we all have those moments. Possibly part of the "NEW" and worried something is wrong and you will miss it before the warranty runs out.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

It turned out to be operator malfunction. I neglected to pull the little handle towards me when operating the faucet not just moving it side to side.

John
                      I never thought of suggesting that , and yes I did that and still do that once and a while. If there was an "idiot" emoji it sure would get a lot of use here from at lease me.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

John
                        LOL John !

Good on you that you can post this. I can guarantee that everyone reading this has had a similar experience (probably more than one).

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

John
                          I think there are plumbing engineers that are paid to invent new ways to operate a faucet that nobody ever thought of LOL. I used to travel a lot and quite a bit international and I'll admit it was more than once in a weird location having to call the front desk to ask how to turn the shower on LOL.

2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Working...
                          X