Leaking but not sure where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking but not sure where

Under our sink we have a leak. It is so small and so little comes from the leak I can't find it.
    I know it is leaking , in 4 days and only five to 10 gallons used through the sink we get about a 1/4 of a cup of water
    leaking inside the cabinet right where the trap is and slightly to the right side of the trap. However I can not find any moisture around the trap pipes.
    I put a plastic food container under neath and caught the water. So even though it is small odds are it will become worse in time. Most all leaks do. Does anyone have an idea where it could be from
    or how I can find it?

This has been an issue since day one and to be honest it is so far our only issue. While I may not be totally happy about some of the work by GD workers , the camper on 3 outings has only had this issue.

Thanks
    Jim T
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    Ram 2500 Deisel

ScopesNC

My first guess would be the seal between the sink bowl and the drain. The good news is that all the parts above the trap can be disassembled (often without tools) to check for missing seals or cracked components. This part of your RV is almost identical to residential stuff, so parts are available from Home Depot or similar.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• ScopesNC
      ScopesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that is a start. Thanks. I'll look at it next.
      Such a small little problem going to drive me to drinking. OH wait my sink has to be fixed first. LOL

A method I use to identify the source of the leak is to tie paper towels around the connections. For things like a leak at the drain/sink interface you may need to tape the towels in place.
    Colan Arnold
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    Full time since 2016

Comment

You could also just lay paper towels on the floor under the "problem area" and use the sink. Keep checking the towels after each use for a wet spot.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

To determine if it is the sink or the connections to the faucet, add some food coloring to the sink water and let it sit for a few minutes to an hour or so and then check. If the leak is clear it a faucet issue. if not its a sink drain piping issue. Paper towel trick also works well too.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

x2 on Cate&Rob's comment. In our first season with our Solitude, we noticed a slight leak under the sink too. Pulled the sink drain, put some plumber's putty down and haven't seen any more water.

Lyle
          Barb, Lyle and the two four-legged kids
          2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
          2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Working...
          X