Dry Camp Water Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Camp Water Issue

Have a new Momentum 381M with Nautilus system and pump doesn't seem to be building pressure. Fresh tank is full for sure and valves are set on dry camp. Have checked a dozen times. Flow at faucets is weak and seems like it's sucking air or the pump is not priming. I can hear the pump running and never stops running, unlike my previous camper. What should I check?

Welcome to the forum.

One of the primary reasons for this type of issue is air trapped in the water lines. I'd open every hot and cold water line to bleed out any air. Don't forget the washing machine lines and outside faucets.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. Would it not have got the air out over a weekend camping at a full hook site? I opened up one of the outside connections but there are two. Forgot about the washer connections.

Comment

When you were at full hookup did the water heater get filled? Otherwise check the filter in front of the pump for cracks as it can suck air at that point. Also make sure the intake line from the tank to the pump is not kinked.
        Hope this helps
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We had a similar issue. Found the suction side hose between the Nautilus panel and the pump sucked flat. If the pump runs while the valves are selected to something that doesn't use the pump, it will suck the line flat. You may have to replace the flex line with PEX.
          -Rob-
          -
          Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
          2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
          2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
          Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Working...
          X