Tankless hot water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless hot water heater

Quick question with tankless hot water do I need to still switch the bypass for sanitizing the tanks and lines? Same I guess for winterizing?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    Quick question with tankless hot water do I need to still switch the bypass for sanitizing the tanks and lines? Same I guess for winterizing?
    Is this the new Furrion model? What is the model number and is there a manual online for the unit?

Brian and Jim may be able to answer.

TucsonJim
    Country Campers
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The tankless water heater would not have to be bypassed and could just be winterized and sanitized with the rest of the system. The reason there is a bypass for the water heaters with a tank is because the tanks do not completely drain and there could be residual contents left in the tank. There is a screen and drain valve on the front lower right that you will use to drain the heater. The tankless system is just straight thru piping around a burn chamber that heats the water in the pipe. Page 12 of the owners manual gives this info and continues on page 13.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian, and yes its the 2021 Furrion system, the water bay still has the bypass switch but Im sure they use that system for all models
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          The tankless water heater would not have to be bypassed and could just be winterized and sanitized with the rest of the system. The reason there is a bypass for the water heaters with a tank is because the tanks do not completely drain and there could be residual contents left in the tank. There is a screen and drain valve on the front lower right that you will use to drain the heater. The tankless system is just straight thru piping around a burn chamber that heats the water in the pipe. Page 12 of the owners manual gives this info and continues on page 13.

Brian
          Another reason that most people don't winterize a standard water heater is that it would take six gallons of antifreeze to fill it. Dennis66 - If you need the manual for the Furrion water heater, let me know and I'll send a copy to you.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

This is our first outing with our 2021 303rls. When we went through the pdi on tankless furrion water heater all was well. At camp, there are no lights on water heater thermostat, and, of course no hot water. Checked fuse, that's fine. Turned on hot tap in shower and sink, still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Sure it's something small!

Comment

Originally posted by jandjkamp View Post
              This is our first outing with our 2021 303rls. When we went through the pdi on tankless furrion water heater all was well. At camp, there are no lights on water heater thermostat, and, of course no hot water. Checked fuse, that's fine. Turned on hot tap in shower and sink, still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Sure it's something small!
              Is the propane turned on? Use the stove burners to purge air out of the propane lines and when the stove burners are working normally, there should be propane in the lines that will allow the water heater to light.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi! Stove is working, but still nothing. When you hook up to electric, does the hot water thermostat in bathroom light up, or does it only come on once you turn hot water valve in shower?

Comment

When you first turn it on there are lights so you can set temp, as Rob said it needs propane or it will not even light on the panel.
                  2021 Reflection 303RLS
                  Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Thanks! Will check that out.

Comment

Don't forget to see if someone turned the outside switch off. I think this will kill power to the inside control panel.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

We checked switch on unit, it's on. We have good water pressure as well. Hubby's on phone waiting for furrion to answer.
                        does this have a reset switch like other manufacturers I wonder?

Comment

The control is 12-volt DC, so also check the usual culprits for no DC power, like the battery disconnect switch.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Battery connect is on. Maybe we're not being silly newbies after all, lol.

Comment

Maybe a fuse?
                              2021 Reflection 303RLS
                              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X