Water Flow Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Flow Meter

I have had this wild idea and have not had much luck finding what I am looking for. What I am looking for is an inline water meter that would tell me how much water I have used from the on board fresh tank. What I have found is this DIGITEN Water Flow Control Meter LCD Display Controller+G1/2" Water Hall Sensor Flow Meter Flowmeter Counter 1-30L/min+G1/2" Solenoid Valve Normally Closed N/C+DC 12V Power Adapter: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific. What I am looking for is something a little less technical than this. A simple flow meter , which this has , and a simple display that just tells me how many gallons that I have used. This item has all sorts of functions and is mostly used for irrigation , I think. The solenoid might be helpful but the rest is just too much.
    I have bothered ncitro and Cate&Rob for there thoughts but we have not been able to come up with a "easy" meter.

So , Does anybody out there have a solution?

This will help us when we are dry camping to monitor water usage , would be helpful to boondockers as well. We all know that the status lights on the convenience panel are not very reliable and it would be nice to use the full amount of useable water instead of hauling it home or dumping it on the ground.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Hi Brian,

The simplest way to do this would be to plumb a garden hose volume gauge (like some of us use on the fill hose) into the line to/from the water tank. This meter works in either direction (I run my fill gauge backwards so that the display is right side up in my application). This would allow you to use the same gauge to measure fill volume and then reset to measure volume drawn out by the pump.

Ideally, you could Pex plumb the line to the tank to a visible location and then Pex to male and female hose connectors would connect to the meter.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

what you have listed in your post is about as simple as you are going to find if you want a remote readout display the is resettable.
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Rob

I have thought about that but I have a couple issues. I use the water gauge when filling the tank and I have had a few times where it leaked around the connections , not sure if it was not tight enough or the seals are going bad , I would not like to have a leak inside on the floor , think mad wife here. The other thing is I really do not have an area where I could mount the meter out in the wet bay in front of the Nautilus Panel , 4 levers to move , city water and black tank flush connection , 3 tank drain handles , I have been staring at this all winter trying to make it work. It would be nice to have the meter out front of the Nautilus panel and easy to read. It would also be nice to have a remote meter inside the coach so it could be monitored with out going outside all of the time. The inline meter just worries me that it may leak. If I could find one that had 1/2" npt or so on the ends that would be different.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
          what you have listed in your post is about as simple as you are going to find if you want a remote readout display the is resettable.
          Country Campers
          I would tend to agree with Jeff. The one you found is a reasonable price and seems to have the features you are looking for, even if you don’t use the solenoid. It does operate on 12V.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            What I am looking for is an inline water meter that would tell me how much water I have used from the on board fresh tank.
            Brian, Country Campers
            Saw this in my email today: Aqua View H2F-BT12 Bluetooth Topargee Water Tank Gauge. Looks like a new product.
            https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Aqua-...p/h2f-bt12.htm
            https://aquaviewinc.com/product/h2f-...er-tank-gauge/
            Gene and Kim
            2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
            2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

gbkims

Gene , thanks for the find. I think this may be worth a try. A little more than the one that I had found but this one may be more simple for operation.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
              X