Gray tanks on 2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray tanks on 2021 303rls

Have 2 questions the first is the gray tank lists 87 gal do you know what each of them are to add up to 87 gal?
    I added a knife valve at the opening where you drain your tanks with that said to maximize gray tank usage when not using full hookup does anyone keep both tanks open to allow the water to equalize in both tanks? I know my buddies rv the 2nd gray tank would fill faster due to the shower and bath sink over just using the kitchen sink.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I have heard of numerous people using the add-on valve to equalize the two greys.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I equalize my gray tanks all the time. No problems doing this for the past two years.
      John & Cindy
      2019 303 RLS
      2018 F250

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
        Have 2 questions the first is the gray tank lists 87 gal do you know what each of them are to add up to 87 gal?
        Good question. The documents I have access to view show the bathroom grey (GD's spelling, not mine!) as 43 gallons and the kitchen grey as 32 gallons. I'll see if I can figure out the disconnect between the website and the documents and will post back.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dennis66 ,
          I did some research to see if I could narrow down the possibilities and just got more confused. The parts lookup has a listing (under plumbing for the 2021 303RLS) for a 54 gallon tank, a 75 gallon(!) tank, and a 40 gallon tank.

The only way to truly know the actual capacity of each is to drain the tanks, then start filling until the water backs up in the applicable sink. If you use a hose with a meter it will be easy to figure out. Since it's all fresh water should be OK to dump in the grass (at home) from the grey tanks (not the black).

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	water meter.JPG
Views:	677
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	49287
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Dennis66 The website list the fresh water capacity at 80 gallons (this includes HWH of typically 6 gallons that is not present on our rigs with the on demand setup). I filled my fresh water tank till the overflow spit not full flowed and read 63 gallons.

47 Galon will be black water (toilet) and the other 2 and which is shower and which is sinks???
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

For some reason the weights and measure sheet that was completed by GD said fresh is 78 gallons, I guess Ill get a water meter listed above
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                For some reason the weights and measure sheet that was completed by GD said fresh is 78 gallons, I guess Ill get a water meter listed above
                Given all the parts shortages it is anyone's guess what is actually installed in your unit. Please report back when you do your test.

Comment

Kitchen gray tank is 43 gala d bathroom gray tank is 43 gallons. Black tank is gal, per Grand Design

Comment

Working...
                  X