Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dump Waste Tanks using a Flojet into a Rhino 36G Tote (Process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I use a camco Rhino grey water hose. I don’t care that is anything special for grey, but it’s orange and stands out.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

howson Howard, I would add a shut off valve to the fresh water line between the QD. When you are pumping the tank with the grey or black tank valve open, the flush line on the flo jet is closed (there should be a check valve there but they leak some times). I stop the pump, close the grey or black valve, then start the pump listening for the change in tone, then crack the fresh flush valve about 1/4. This allows air into the system and when the line is empty, it will build air pressure and push the out flow line contents. If you have not looked at the diagram or taken it apart yet (mine had an issue after storage so I had to pull it apart) its a simple rubber vane pump so it will push air.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        howson Howard, I would add a shut off valve to the fresh water line between the QD. When you are pumping the tank with the grey or black tank valve open, the flush line on the flo jet is closed (there should be a check valve there but they leak some times). I stop the pump, close the grey or black valve, then start the pump listening for the change in tone, then crack the fresh flush valve about 1/4. This allows air into the system and when the line is empty, it will build air pressure and push the out flow line contents. If you have not looked at the diagram or taken it apart yet (mine had an issue after storage so I had to pull it apart) its a simple rubber vane pump so it will push air.
        I must be getting tired. I don't understand, ...add a shut off valve to the fresh water line between the QD. The configuration shown in the video has QDs and valves on both the Water Inlet (flush line on the right side of the picture below) and the Discharge Port Adapter (left side of picture). Both lines have valves, too. Where and why add more?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Setup.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	49807

I don't think the process outlined in the latter half of the post will change the results shown in the video. As soon as the pump is turned off, water in the Discharge line will re-enter the pump due to gravity. It is apparent the pump does not have a one-way valve to prevent water from flowing backwards. The only way to stop this is by turning the valve on the Discharge line Off and then shutting the pump off.

Sorry if I'm not comprehending your post...long day.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Sorry Howard, I thought you were getting vacuum influx from the fresh water hose and a vacuum breaker on the house. Now it makes more sense. I do know if you close the tank valves, the pump will pull a vacuum in the line, hence the reason i mentioned venting the fresh water line to atm and letting the pump run for a few seconds afterwards. You could actually close the tank valve, open the fresh valve, then close the dirty water valve. Once you turn off the pump, give it a couple of seconds and the pressure will relieve itself back up stream of the pump. The pressure will be either air or non compressible fluid.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X