Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TedS View Post
    Guest , good to know.
    Here is some hose from LDR that may be best for the pump side. 200 psi@70F.

https://ldrind.com/products/item/?id...t+10%27+Length

This forum has me spending money again and rightfully so. Lol.

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Here is some hose from LDR that may be best for the pump side. 200 psi@70F.

https://ldrind.com/products/item/?id...t+10%27+Length

This forum has me spending money again and rightfully so. Lol.

Jim
      I would be cautious with this braided hose . . . note the maximum operating temp of 125F. The water heater thermostat temp is 140F. If you are going to the trouble of replacing hose, why not replace with Pex tubing and be done with the problems.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I would be cautious with this braided hose . . . note the maximum operating temp of 125F. The water heater thermostat temp is 140F. If you are going to the trouble of replacing hose, why not replace with Pex tubing and be done with the problems.

Rob
        Thanks Rob,

The LDR hose is 200psi@70F and would be used on the pump side only. 125F limit should not be an issue if used on the pump side.

The RecPro hot water hose I posted is mislabeled on their website with the cold water hose specs. The attached video in that link specifies 150psi@180F.

The accumulator work Howard has done is stellar but I believe the underrated hoses need to be addressed where they should meet or exceed the T&P pressure limit.

I'm also good with replacing hose with PEX. Did you do this at the pump and did it amplify the pump noise? I assume you still used a winterization hose which normally would not be in service.

Jim
        Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Per RVIA standards, the water system is tested 80 to 100 psi.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Per RVIA standards, the water system is tested 80 to 100 psi.
            And yet the T&P limit is 150psi. What's up with that?

Jim

Comment

RVIA is like ISO. They write their own standards and govern themselves.

Just because test pressure is 100 psi, does not mean that the burst pressure is 101psi. Typically burst pressures are a lot higher than working and test pressures.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

Just because test pressure is 100 psi, does not mean that the burst pressure is 101psi. Typically burst pressures are a lot higher than working and test pressures.
                Agree. But the auto world we do not have hoses rated below the radiator cap opening pressure. Can't help to think that the lowest bid on hoses was chosen with little thought on the actual relief pressure limit.

Jim

Comment

I'm also good with replacing hose with PEX. Did you do this at the pump and did it amplify the pump noise? I assume you still used a winterization hose which normally would not be in service.

Jim
                  Hi Jim,

I replaced all OE soft hose with Pex pipe. (This was part of a much larger rebuild project to clear a path for the future R&R of my furnace which does not have an exterior access panel) For the water pump, I use washing machine hoses to isolate vibration. This seems to work well and this hose has sufficient wall strength to resist collapsing on the intake side of the pump, which some have reported wit the OE hose. (Pump is behind the coils of hose in the centre of the picture)

Winterizing of a Reflection is done through the main water selector valves with antifreeze introduced through the city water connection.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2706.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	50844
                  Cate & Rob
                  (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Jim,

I replaced all OE soft hose with Pex pipe. (This was part of a much larger rebuild project to clear a path for the future R&R of my furnace which does not have an exterior access panel) For the water pump, I use washing machine hoses to isolate vibration. This seems to work well and this hose has sufficient wall strength to resist collapsing on the intake side of the pump, which some have reported wit the OE hose. (Pump is behind the coils of hose in the centre of the picture)

Winterizing of a Reflection is done through the main water selector valves with antifreeze introduced through the city water connection.

Rob

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2706.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	50844
                    Rob,

Very nice as always. I would like to know what the OEM pump hose is rated for and then could make a decision. I most likely will take the easy route and replace the OEM pump hose if its found to be inadequate with a higher rated hose. I've had no issues with hose collapse on the suction side of the pump. From what I see, my Imagine is all PEX at the hot water tank and behind my docking station. My rig does not have the infamous red hose that would scare the heck out of me and warrant immediate replacement.

Jim

Comment

There also pump silencing kits available with higher pressure rated hose.
                      https://www.recpro.com/recpro-rv-wat...gaAnTaEALw_wcB
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

And yet the T&P limit is 150psi. What's up with that?

Jim
                        Don't know. "Because we've always done it that way." Ugh.
                        I think T&P valves can be had for 125psi.
                        Water heater design fault or rv design fault?
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

The hoopla around the RVIA sticker doesn't mean much. RVIA refers often to following NFPA(National Fluid Power Association), just not very closely.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS
                          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

There also pump silencing kits available with higher pressure rated hose.
                            https://www.recpro.com/recpro-rv-wat...gaAnTaEALw_wcB
                            With a working pressure at 150psi, US made and NSF certified, I'm sold. This will put the plumbing in my Imagine at the relief pressure of the T&P though I will try to verify what's connected to the pump now. It may already be ok.

A ton of great info on this tread.

Jim

Comment

howson , now add a schrader valve extension hose and you won't have to crawl into the cabinet to check air pressure.
                              https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-00016-P...00589435&psc=1
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

...now add a schrader valve extension hose...
                                I'm going to hook up a motorcycle TPMS with a remote display so I can keep an eye on the water pressure. I'll set an alarm if the pressure goes above 80 psi.

The funny (sad) part is most of the regulars here probably thought I was serious. I like gadgets, but I don't think even I would add a TPMS to my accumulator...
                                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                                X