Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

Black Tank Flush line access

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Black Tank Flush line access

    Hello
    we used our RV plumbing for 3 days. No plumbing issues.
    On breakdown to next location, we drained Hot Water Tank, and Low Level Points of water. The eventual issue didn’t appear, yet

    we hooked up and ran the Black Tank Flush, twice.

    We noticed this leak (shown below), first on the drivers side, then it moved to passenger side when we drove the RV off of leveling blocks

    there was a mobile RV Repair guy “in the neighborhood”, so with the promise of “lunch on us”, he came to inspect (but wouldn’t take the job). His advise is that we likely have a leak in the line from the black tank flush line. ((We’ve used this before with no known issue... ))

    he suggested unscrewing the outside fixture, pulling out a bit to see. We did this, and saw nothing. No water but also no view “deep” to the floor, where I more suspect the water to be.

    In the bathroom :
    We looked behind the draw in bathroom. We could see the hot water tank, and floor. No water.

    we removed that white small panel directly under the shower. Not much of a view, but no water seen

    we tried pulling the panel on the lowest cubbie, but didn’t succeed. We might try that again.

    What is the best access point to get in and look at the Black flush plumbing? and maybe fix. I feel like it’s the bottom cubbie panel. But the angle of even that seems like a total novice (me) would have a hard time getting to this.

    thanks in advance.

    grand design.
    Imagine.
    2600rb. 2021

    Attached Files
    Grand Design-Imagine
    2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

  • #2
    as far as the fitting on the backside of the black tank flush hookup, if you don't have easy access to it inside the trailer then you can always unscrew it from the exterior wall and pull it out thru the exterior wall to check the fitting. There should be enough slack in the hose to allow for this. If that fitting is tight, then it is either a loose fitting on the tank or a cut in the soft hose from the tank to the hookup.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. From the outside, we did unscrew the fitting and pulled out. All looked ok, for as far as we could see. No water from the hose/on the hose. I suspect it’s more closer to the tank where the line meets.

      thank you for your reply.
      Grand Design-Imagine
      2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

      Comment


      • #4
        You stated that you drained the HWH. Did is it possible that the HWH drain let water get behind the wall? You may have to drop the coroplast in the rear and see if you can determine where the water is coming from.

        Between camping expeditions I do not drain the HWH if its a short time. I did learn to let the water run for a bit to flush the lines. Draining the lines gives a lot of opportunity for hard water to leave behind solid buildup.
        Tow Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chipster View Post
          What is the best access point to get in and look at the Black flush plumbing? and maybe fix. I feel like it’s the bottom cubbie panel. But the angle of even that seems like a total novice (me) would have a hard time getting to this.
          The black tank on a 2600RB is at the rear of the camper because the bathroom is at the rear of the camper.

          The black flush connection point is street side, rear of the camper.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Flush Connection.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	49803

          Typically the black tank flush valve is behind the shower faucet.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	behind faucet.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	49804

          Here's how it looks in my 315RLTS behind the faucet.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Behind Faucet in 315RLTS.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	49805
          If it's not there, a call to GD Customer Service to inquire where to look for the valve is what you might try. (Number is on business card, home page of this forum.)

          Please report back what you find out! The power of an owner's forum is helping each other by posting information.

          Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

          Howard, 2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            You stated that you drained the HWH. Did is it possible that the HWH drain let water get behind the wall? You may have to drop the coroplast in the rear and see if you can determine where the water is coming from.

            Between camping expeditions I do not drain the HWH if its a short time. I did learn to let the water run for a bit to flush the lines. Draining the lines gives a lot of opportunity for hard water to leave behind solid buildup.
            Hello
            I appreciate the feedback.
            I am pretty sure not, because we trained that HWH many times, and even that day. The water didn't appear then
            It was only after we ran the Black Flush as the last step that we saw the water

            I'm still working the problem, so dont have 'my' solution yet.
            I will follow back on this and give an update.

            Thanks
            Grand Design-Imagine
            2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by howson View Post

              The black tank on a 2600RB is at the rear of the camper because the bathroom is at the rear of the camper.

              The black flush connection point is street side, rear of the camper.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Flush Connection.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	49803

              Typically the black tank flush valve is behind the shower faucet.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	behind faucet.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	49804

              Here's how it looks in my 315RLTS behind the faucet.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Behind Faucet in 315RLTS.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	49805
              If it's not there, a call to GD Customer Service to inquire where to look for the valve is what you might try. (Number is on business card, home page of this forum.)

              Please report back what you find out! The power of an owner's forum is helping each other by posting information.

              Howard
              Thank you for this.
              I did find the outside Black Tank Flush, and did check if the leak was there.
              I dont believe the leak on the 2600RB would be behind the Shower Faucets (but can't be sure it's not either).
              Faucets are inside the camper, an no water is inside the camper - just leaks out that back wall

              I'm still working the problem, so dont have 'my' solution yet.
              I will follow back on this and give an update.

              Thanks
              Grand Design-Imagine
              2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

              Comment


              • #8
                Chipster It could have been some trash in the black tank anti siphon valve allowing it to leak slightly but then sealing after you cut the water supply to it. Campers and houses are terrible for cleanup in places you cannot see.
                Tow Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021

                Comment

                Working...
                X